This job is archived
Under the general direction of the Program Manager of Ryan White Part C, the Clinical Assistant will be responsible for providing general clerical and clinical support for the Ryan White Program, known as Kedren-Drew CARES. The clinical assistant will work directly with patients for appointment scheduling with mental health professionals. Position will require reminder phone calls and rescheduling appointments. The clinical assistant will also ensure patient eligibility, intake, and that other documentation is updated. Create patient education materials and assist with preparing for patient group meetings. This position is located in Oasis Clinic.
- Greet Kedren-Drew CARES patients as soon as they arrive to Oasis Clinic and connect them with the appropriate staff member.
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct staff member.
- Communicate with mental health providers and staff effectively and efficiently daily.
- Monitor voicemail and return calls promptly or direct messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Schedule patient appointments with mental health clinicians in eClinicalWorks.
- Make patient appointment reminder calls and notate in eClinicalWorks.
- Follow up with mental health providers that patients were seen and notate in ORCHID.
- Collect patient Ryan White eligibility information and update every 6 months or if change occurs sooner.
- Assist patients with intake documents and ensure documentation is current.
- Upload all patient information and documents into eClinicalWorks.
- Ensure insurance information is current upon intake and update as needed.
- Check insurance eligibility for each same day appointment while notating in eClinicalWorks.
- Attend required staff trainings for eClinicalWorks, ORCHID, and other assigned trainings from Program Manager.
- Prepare rooms for client groups, trainings, workshops, and any type of patient education forum.
- As the Preparer in eRequester, required to research products, order, track, and distribute supplies and materials.
- Ensure workspaces are stocked with supplies as needed by Ryan White staff.
- Prepare, distribute, track, and provide live report on CARES Act health bag for Ryan White eligible patients.
- Track and provide live report on Emergency Financial Assistance gift cards.
- Prepare monthly patient reports including the Client Report and program referrals.
- Submit subrecipient payments in eRequester in a timely manner.
- Maintain consultant’s contracts.
- Setup vendors in eRequester and submit invoices.
- Prepare letters and memoranda as needed.
- Attend mental health staff meetings and prepare minutes.
- Create, generate, and execute client forms.
- Report to the Ryan White Part C Care Coordinator for wrap-around services/referrals.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant workspace and emails.
- Assist mental health staff with DHS badging process.
- Organize and maintain Ryan White storage area in Oasis Clinic.
- Maintain the program’s live client list with RSR requirements.
- Assist with identifying and appointing active patients to the Consumer Advisory Board.
- Assist with preparing for HRSA audits.
- Regionally accredited Associate’s degree required and/or equivalent of combined education and experience in the related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an office environment, including providing direct support to an Executive and general administrative support within related industry;
- 1-year experience, preferably in a clinical environment.
- PC proficient.
- Electronic Medical Record system proficient; eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and data collection software.
- Ability to effectively learn new software related to position.
- Able to maintain a cooperative and courteous demeanor.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive materials in a professional manner.
- Excellent customer service presentation.
- Strong personal initiative that helps identifies problems and follow (especially customer care related issues).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize so that deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- High initiative, flexible team approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent telephone manner.
- Extremely detail-oriented; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
Ability to work effectively with LGBTQ+, people living with HIV, people living with mental illness, and/or homeless communities.
For more information and to apply https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4127
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer