The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Clinical Research Assistant II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We are seeking a highly motivated clinical research assistant to lead patient recruitment for research studies focused on post-traumatic psychological recovery.
Studies are similar in design – screening and recruiting patients in the emergency department and inpatient hospital units. Recruited patients are administered surveys and have biospecimens collected in-hospital or at a study clinic visit. This role coordinates and completes follow-up study visits with enrolled participants, which may include additional survey administration, biospecimen collection, and fMRI scans. This role will be part of study-specific teams and part of a larger research collaborative focused on post-traumatic psychological recovery. Daily activities will be conducted in conjunction with individuals of varied backgrounds and skillsets.
Candidates well positioned to succeed in this role have strong interpersonal skills, are self-starters, work well both independently and as part of a large, diverse team, and have excellent attention to detail. In addition, this role is mainly responsible for recruiting traumatically injured individuals into research studies. Therefore, it requires interpersonal skills and self-awareness to work with this vulnerable and diverse patient population.
• Coordinate patient study visits. Organize study visit materials, including subject charts, informed consent forms, surveys, and other files as required per protocol.
• Collect required data from the electronic medical record, surveys, paper forms, study coordinators and research nurses, and enter into case report forms, spreadsheets, and computerized data capture systems.
• Verify accuracy of subject stipends dispersed.
• Generate and send letters to enrolled or potentially eligible study participants. Screen and cold call potentially eligible study participants.
• Under the direction of the study coordinator and principal investigator, independently screen electronic medical charts and interact with patient clinical team to ensure all inclusion and no exclusion criteria are met for study enrollment of patients.
• Under the direction of the study coordinator and principal investigator, independently enroll eligible patients following study protocol, institutional SOP, and federal regulations concerning the consent of patients into human subject research studies.
• Provide general administrative support to study team members and investigators, including but not limited to: consistent and accurate documentation of study activities, contacts with participants, supplies, study visit coordination, and biospecimen collection, processing and storage.
• Compile study packets, recruitment and specimen collection kits.
• Assist study coordinator and PI with regulatory submissions to the institutional review board, as needed.
* Certification: CITI HSR training within 30 days of hire
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management. Data utilization, teamwork, interpersonal, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High school
- Minimum Required Experience
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s in psychology, sociology, public health, social work, or other sciences.
- Preferred Experience: 1 year
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. #LI-AV1
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.