ery great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Research Technologist I working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Technologist will provide support for the surgical oncology tissue bank through projects, maintenance and communication of data, and execution of laboratory experiments.
• Carry out experimental designs for sponsored research projects, and perform routine experiments.
• Record and compile accurate records and communicate summaries of experimental results.
• Assist with the evaluation, interpretation and assessment of experimental data and quality control of assays.
• Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data as needed.
• Carry out assigned duties for ordering and maintaining supply of inventories.
• Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized equipment used in research.
• Prepare media and maintain cells by various culturing in techniques.
• Oversee daily lab operation in the absence of the supervisor or Principle Investigator.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills. Wet Lab experience.
8:00am - 4:30pm and hours as needed
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: No experience required
- Preferred Experience: Experience working in a wet lab setting.
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.