The Office of Research helps to facilitate life-saving biomedical research at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Nine distinct units provide specialized support to meet the administrative needs of our investigators and research staff, and together we coordinate, regulate, and monitor research studies. Our Administrative Unit provides leadership, coordination, and support for the department’s unique programs and services, including guidance, budget support, research systems assistance, and resources to facilitate clinical research operations.
The Clinical Research Financials System Coordinator functions as the primary administrator for the OnCore Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) Financials module. The Coordinator will support efforts to implement Financials in OnCore, train end users and troubleshoot issues, develop system resources, and serve as part of the CTMS support team. The Coordinator also works in partnership with the Budget Negotiation & Startup Specialist, OnCore Systems Administrator, institutional & affiliate partners and research teams to provide deliverables, analyze data, streamline processes and synthesize financial reports to help inform study teams and leadership for assessments and decision making. Additionally, the Coordinator provides support for other projects and activities to support clinical research operations.
- Coordinate the implementation and ongoing management of the OnCore CTMS Financials Module implementation:
- Support vendor implementation by participating in meetings, engaging in time line and project status, and offering institutional resources and solutions for successful roll-out.
- Provide onboarding support for research staff during and post-implementation, including demonstrations, training, and communications
- Participate in annual chargemaster review with stakeholder groups and import annual updates to the chargemaster.
- Input study budget and visit schedule/costs to calendars in OnCore and make calendar adjustments as necessary.
- Assist OnCore system administrators with system functionality testing, user issues, and recommending best practices.
- Provide initial and ongoing OnCore Financials training to study teams. Respond to inquiries and support MCW clinical research teams across all departments.
- Troubleshoot issues for internal and external OnCore end users, offering timely response and solutions.
- Respond to all OnCore help desk questions regarding study budget and financial information.
- Research, consolidate, analyze, and present OnCore Financials system use data leveraging a variety of programs including Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio.
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), appropriate training or reference materials and other resources related to Financials activities.
- Ensure system and workflow compliance with institutional policies and procedures; help promote best practices for compliant clinical research financial processes.
- Troubleshoot data discrepancies between OnCore Financials and other institutional systems (e.g., Oracle and Epic).
- Support ongoing partnership initiatives with institutional & affiliate partners (Froedtert Health Office of Clinical Research & Innovative Care Compliance (FH OCRICC), MCW Clinical Physician Services (CPS), MCW Corporate Compliance, Accounting, other affiliates or associates as requested.
- Establish standard quality assurance practices for Oncore Financials use and meet with partners and research teams to determine quality improvement opportunities.
- Engage in special projects and ad hoc duties as a member of the administrative team.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Requires sufficient background/understanding of clinical trials activation, research operations/study coordination, budget development, receivables management, and Medicare coverage analysis (MCA).
Must have very strong customer service skills that includes courteous and helpful behavior; accomplishing tasks through teamwork and initiative; ensuring timely and thorough responses to complaints and critiques; and anticipating the needs of all those with whom you work.
Must be able to work independently and proactively with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships and participate as a member of a dynamic team.
The ability to understand, analyze, and report on financial and other data is critical.
Strong project management skills are essential, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel database technology, are required.
Building: MACC Fund Research Center (MFRC); some flexibility for hybrid work is included in this role.
Department: Office of Research
Reports to (Title): Manager for Research Operations Quality & Effectiveness
Collaborates with (Titles): MCW research faculty/staff; department/division administrators; Budget Negotiation & Startup Specialist, OnCore Systems Administrator; MCW Finance, Compliance, Billing, external institution system users including academic and healthcare partner institutions; vendor representatives.
Appropriate experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: 5 years
Preferred Experience: Experience in scientific, medical, or educational research environment preferred. Experience with Clinical research coordination, budget development/negotiation, and use of OnCore CTMS and Epic strongly preferred.
Certification: SOCRA and/or ACRP preferred
Commitment to Diversity
MCW is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW’s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.