Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world.
Position Number: PS05501
Under the general direction of Principal Investigator, provides technical support in molecular endocrinology, diabetes and obesity research laboratory. Responsibilities includes project planning, data collection, experimental protocols and procedures; bench work involving lab techniques focused in molecular biology, and small animal studies.
- Protein and RNA extract from mouse tissues and mammalian cells
- Mammalian tissues culture
- siRNA transfection in vivo and in vitro
- Real time RT-PCR
- Western blot
- DNA cloning and plasmid purification
- Perform animal studies including diabetic animal model generation and treatment
- Animal tissue collection
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Regionally accredited undergraduate degree (B.A., B.S.) required in Biological Sciences or related filed. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience as a research technician
- Strong background in biochemistry and/or molecular biology.
- Familiar with molecular biology techniques/science including extraction of DNA, RNA and protein, Western blots, cell culture techniques, immunohistochemistry, and instrumentation.
- Ability to follow protocol performing experiments.
- Ability to perform animal work
- Capability to work independently.
- Knowledge of optics and microscopy is a plus but not essential
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4069
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.