Campus Aide II (Temporary/Hourly) - ACP Social Media Assistant
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/2982
Type of Assignment: Full Time
Assignment Category: Temporary Assignment
The Academic & Career Pathways program is looking to fill a temporary, hourly Campus Aide II assignment starting April 2022 and ending June 2022 (potential opportunities to extend assignment contingent on district needs), to support the digital marketing of Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams.
The assignment will be a combination of remote work and work at the Oceanside Campus, up to 30 hours per week and no more than 175 days during the academic year. Work days will be in alignment with regular business hours, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams were launched in Fall 2020 to work directly with first-time-to-college Black/African American, Latinx, and 25 and older students, with the goals to build community and to ensure the completion of educational plans and other milestones within the first year. Each team consisting of student peer mentors, career peers, success coaches, career advisors, academic counselors, instructional faculty, team coordinators, and deans is providing a wrap-around support system that addresses individual student needs through the case management approach. Experiences in each ACP are contextualized to the study areas. For more information about the ACPs, visit: https://www.miracosta.edu/academics/degree-and-certificate-programs/index.html.
IMPORTANT: MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace and to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Salary Range: N/A
Compensation: $16.00 per hour.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
Short-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.
Position Term in Months: $Term
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled; however, please apply by March 22, 2022 to be consider in the first round of application screening:
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. A cover letter specifically describing how your experience aligns with the representative duties and desirable qualifications.
The department will review application materials. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Under close supervision and direction of the Program Manager, Academic and Career Pathways, support the digital marketing of Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the assignment if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
1. Collaborate with small teams to generate ideas for digital campaigns.
2. Support digital outreach action plans to grow social media campaigns and increase followers.
3. Assist with organizing and coordinating outreach campaigns to students within an ACP to connect them to critical milestones and services.
4. Create content for Academic and Career Pathways social media accounts.
5. Assist in ensuring content is culturally relevant to meet needs of diverse student populations.
6. Schedule posts on social media accounts on a weekly basis.
7. Engage and respond to social media comments and direct message correspondences.
8. Develop and post digitally appealing content using tools like Adobe Spark, Canva, etc.
9. Develop and post short videos, TikTok style recordings, and reels.
10. Recruit and track participation in social media challenges.
11. Assist with sharing announcements via Canvas and email.
12. Host live sessions using digital platforms.
13. Directly reach out to students in Pathways via email and/or phone as needed.
1. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Oral and written communication skills.
2. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
3. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
4. District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
1. Establish priorities and schedule and perform work to meet timelines.
2. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
3. Work confidentially with discretion.
4. Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer terminal.
5. Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be willing to learn the strategies and tools necessary to create, post, and track online content, as well as the commitment to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
1. Education equivalent to high school graduation.
2. Be 18 years of age or older.
1. Ability to take pictures, edit images, create visual infographics and fliers.
2. Familiarity with visual presentation apps and websites such as Canva, PowerPoint, Keynote, Pages, and Adobe CreativeCloud.
3. Knowledge of how to edit videos and work with video editing tools.
4. Familiarity with digital platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, GoogleDrive, etc.
5. Writing skills for social media platforms.
6. Basic knowledge of the e-newsletter platforms such as iContact, ConstantContact, etc. (or willingness to learn them).
7. Bilingual and fluent in Spanish preferred.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to work at a computer, including repetitive use of a computer keyboard, mouse or other control devices; ability to travel to a variety of locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications in person, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to concentrate on detailed tasks for extended periods of time and/or intermittently while attending to other responsibilities; ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily works in an office environment. Subject to frequent interruptions by individuals in person or by telephone; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion. May work at any district location or authorized facility during day and/or evening hours with occasional evenings and/or weekends on an as-needed basis. Occasional local travel may be requested.
Posting Number: S21/22043P
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View]
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: 1st Screening Date is March 22, 2022; applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-1c27e5aa05f[Register to View]