Hiring Locations: Bellevue, WA, Atlanta, GA or Mountain View, CA.
Come join the Microsoft 365 team and lead product marketing for an exciting new area for Microsoft that focuses on knowledge management and content services. Knowledge is the lifeblood of many organizations, and content is the basis for collaboration, knowledge sharing, and business processes. With Microsoft Viva Topics, SharePoint Syntex, Azure and Power Platform, we have an opportunity to redefine and transform the $17B Cloud Content Management market by combining AI and cloud technologies with productivity and collaboration tools to change the way people and teams create, share and manage content, as well as automate content-centric business processes like contracts, sales enablement, customer service requests and more. What was once an IT and Operations-only priority has shifted to be an imperative for every organization that is embarking on digital transformation.
With Microsoft’s leadership in productivity, high engagement surfaces in Office and Microsoft Teams, data from the Microsoft Graph and a strong ecosystem of partners, we have a unique opportunity to bring together content management with productivity and collaboration to create a new class of AI based solutions focused on automating content-centric business processes. Microsoft already has strong Content Management products today, including OneDrive, SharePoint, Stream, Syntex, Viva Topics, AI Builder and more. Now we are investing in a new set of products and services that build on Microsoft 365, and that work seamlessly within Office and Microsoft Teams.Responsibilities
As the Director for Product Marketing, you’ll be leading a team of product marketers for this Next Gen Content Services category, while also leading product marketing for our existing portfolio of employee experiences products including OneDrive, SharePoint, Stream, Syntex and Viva Topics. You’ll develop product positioning and growth strategies, presenting regularly to executive audiences, and representing Microsoft 365 with press, customers, and partners. You will partner closely with product engineering leadership to influence the direction of your portfolio of products, along with influencing future product and market strategies. You will also work closely with diverse teams within the Microsoft 365 marketing organization, including marketing, business planning, PR and AR teams.
- Team leadership. Coach high performing employees to achieve business goals and steward thoughtful career planning and development with employees. Create and nurture a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Business management and growth planning. Define business targets and growth strategies for your portfolio of products in conjunction with finance, business planning and engineering.
- Influence product strategy and roadmap. Partner with engineering to influence the product positioning, strategy and roadmap across Microsoft Content Services suite of products, including in-market products like OneDrive and SharePoint, and new innovations coming this year.
- Own messaging and product announcements. Partner with outbound product marketing and GTM teams, spanning advertising, events and announcements, in partnership with product development and design.
- Spokesperson. Represent Microsoft 365 and Content Services products with the press, customers, and partners, including presentations and demos at large events like Ignite.
- Guide your team to understand enterprise and consumer customer needs and craft marketing content and sales tools that resonate with Business Leaders, IT and end-users.
This role requires marketing skill, business acumen, and technical curiosity. Effective communication skills are vital, as you will present to senior executives and oversee the creation and execution of product launches and marketing campaigns. You’ll also serve as a spokesperson and subject matter expert with customers, partners, and the press. A deep understanding of product marketing and clear passion for new technologies is essential along with:
- 10+ years of end-to-end / diverse marketing experiences required including product development or industry marketing (retail, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, etc..).
- Must have enterprise content management or process automation experience.
- Successful track record of working collaboratively across a large organization and with senior executives
- Successful history of leading teams formally including developing team and individual capability.
- Multi-channel/tier marketing experience
Additional or preferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- Technical and Business degree preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.