Hiring Locations: Bellevue, WA, Atlanta, GA and Mountain View, CA
The shift to remote and hybrid work during the global pandemic is completely transforming how we work – today and for the next decade. Microsoft 365 is powering this transformation for every member of the digital workforce with a secure, integrated experience designed for the new world of work.
We’re looking for a Director, Microsoft 365 Tech Community and Audience to lead Microsoft 365 strategy and execution of skilling and readiness, digital event content, and community engagement. This role requires proven strategic thinking, a passion for our customers, alignment and collaboration across disciplines, and outstanding leadership and commitment to diversity and inclusion.Responsibilities
Microsoft 365 Tech Community and Audience marketing
· Own the Microsoft Tech Community platform strategy and engagement model
· Deliver content strategy for Modern Work across our flagship events and ongoing skilling initiatives, up-leveling technical storytelling and driving audience awareness through our engines (Microsoft Mechanics, keynotes)
· Partner across Cloud Marketing (PMM), Program Management, and our Documentation teams to create a holistic skilling journey – driving from awareness and announcements to depth technical content owned and operated channels.
· Drive the success of our field and partners with scale delivery of demos, messaging focused on product truth, and insights from the technical community.
· Engage with our Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP) and Regional Directors (RDs) across Microsoft 365 bi-directionally with feedback and listening mechanisms mixed with clear amplification calls to action.
· Lead and develop a high performing team of product marketing managers.
· Attract, retain, and grow diverse talent while creating an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
· Embody Microsoft’s leadership principles to create clarity, generate energy and deliver success.Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing or marketing operations with a record of delivering tangible business results
- Experience in building a Tech Community, or audience marketing and digital innovation experience including transforming growth and engagement; up level storytelling and continuing to build out world-class digital events
- Experience managing people and driving impact by scaling through others
- Successful track record of building collaborative partnerships with Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Engineering teams
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing or related field M.B.A. (or equivalent in related work experience)
- Successful track record of setting a high-quality bar while driving hard for results.
- Strong collaborator with strong stakeholder management skills who enjoys working across teams.
- Curiosity, self-awareness, and a desire to test and learn, using data as a success metric
- Outstanding leadership and deep and unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and develop high performing teams
- Ability to view a business holistically across products outside of your scope
- Ability to simplify the complex to communicate and influence up and out.
- Demonstrated ability to work through teams to achieve results.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing and fast-paced environment, goal orientation with a strong bias toward action and tangible results.
- Proven communications experience and ability to translate concepts and ideas into compelling content that moves audiences.
- Operational excellence including strong command of details while balancing the big picture and communications objectives, and experience streamlining processes.
- Strong collaborator and team player.
- Creativity and innovative ideas that support business objectives.
- Ability to confidently present to and interact with executives and other senior leaders to influence and gain support, input, and approvals.
- Willingness to embrace a growth mindset, experiment, and be curious to learn new things.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.