Hiring Locations: Bellevue, WA, Atlanta, GA and Mountain View, CA.
Microsoft Teams as the platform for work
At Microsoft, we believe that hybrid work has fundamentally changed how we build and interact with applications. A new generation of apps, collaborative apps, is needed to enable people to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device.
Microsoft Teams was built with the very purpose of enabling collaboration. Teams is not only a tool for communications and collaboration, but also a platform to automate business processes and integrate applications to help end users stay in the flow of work. With the power of the Microsoft Cloud, developers can simplify development and use their existing skills to build collaborative apps to reach 250 million monthly active Teams users.
As the Senior Director, you will help Microsoft deliver on this vision and support our customers on their hybrid work transformation. You will lead a team of product experts, and each of you will serve as subject matter experts for your core areas of responsibility. You will partner closely with our R&D team to build new features and technologies to address the changing needs of our customers and partners. You will assess the business opportunity, determine how to bring new innovation to market and build differentiated value propositions before launching them publicly in PR, web and sales content.
This role requires a passion for Teams and our customers, strategic thinking, and strong communication skills since you’ll work across various cross-functional teams in the development of the product and marketing plans. Research has shown that diverse teams produce the best outcomes, and in Teams product marketing, we take that learning to heart. We welcome diversity in all of its forms and work every day to create an inclusive culture.Responsibilities
The Senior Director of Microsoft Teams & M365 Product Marketing – Platform is responsible for accelerating Teams as a platform and Microsoft 365 technologies. The following are the primary accountabilities of the role:
- Grow market leadership of Teams as a platform with customers, partners, developers, industry analysts, and press.
- Define Teams growth opportunity, strategy, and differentiated market vision for Teams and Microsoft 365 technologies such as Microsoft Graph and Fluid Framework.
- Introduce new market innovation in Microsoft Teams to our current and future customer base.
- Design and execute marketing plans to grow measurable market traction for Teams as a platform for work and learning.
- Build a vibrant ecosystem of enterprise developers and partners (ISVs and System Integrators) on cohesive and evolving Go-To-Market plans.
- Deliver R&D feedback and shape product plans representing business opportunity and customer and partner product needs, including industry shifts and competitive trends.
- Drive business stewardship and product marketing depth for Microsoft Teams as a platform and Microsoft 365 technologies.
- Attract, Retain and Grow a diverse and high-performing organization
This is a highly visible role that will require demonstrated capability and expertise in several areas:
- the rapidly evolving Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) market
- developing strong relationships with R&D and partner and sales organizations across the company
- compelling executive presence
- exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- proven management and people-centric growth capability
Specific Qualifications include:
- 10+ years of experience and knowledge of unified communications or software platform marketing
- People management expertise with a focus on modeling, coaching, and caring about employees
- Prior experience in product marketing or product management experience at a technology company
- Successful history of driving market-aware business outcomes
- Successful track-record of cross-functional collaboration with teams, contributors, and stakeholders across multiple seniority levels
- Proven track record in planning and orchestrating strategic and complex business activities
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment and reprioritize to align with business objectives
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to influence
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.