Founded in 1926, Concordia University Texas is proud to be Austin's leading Christian university, where Christ is honored, and students of all backgrounds are welcomed. We are guided by our vision to be the premier university where the adventure of faith, learning, and life-changing experiences leads to meaningful work. Concordia's campus, unique in its natural setting on a preserve, is conveniently located minutes from both downtown Austin and the Texas Hill Country. Our location provides students with resources and opportunities to learn, explore and thrive in the best of both worlds — a small school and a big city. CTX currently enrolls 2200 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, CTX develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service.
CTX was recently designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution and is committed to being an institution of access where we ensure students have equitable opportunities to enroll in and graduate from CTX. We are committed to removing barriers that might limit historically underserved students from taking full advantage of higher education. CTX has a long history of meeting students where they are in their personal learning journey. This commitment reflects our mission of serving students of all backgrounds.
Reporting to the VP for Student Development and Enrollment Management, the Director of Enrollment Marketing is responsible for cross-institutional planning, development, and execution of Concordia University Texas (CTX) marketing initiatives. This position is responsible for the overarching vision for the visual language, message, and tonality that align with the CTX strategic initiatives, priorities, mission, vision, and values and promotes all constituencies of the University. The Director of Enrollment Marketing manages the day-to-day operations of CTX's Enrollment Marketing team; recruits, develops, and leads a highly functional and constructive team of professionals; oversees all aspects of marketing creative and advertising, including online and offline media, Print – including brochures and other collateral, as well as video, audio/radio, outdoor/transit, and all copy. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to create campaigns and messaging while including Media/Planning/Strategy, Analytics, and the broader campus community into the process to elevate the CTX brand.
- Marketing: The Director will:
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- See the "big picture" and meet objectives in all stages of creative development, design, and production of institutional materials
- Manage all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Collaborate with the University's creative team and oversee the work of several external agencies.
- Direct outside agency creative development
- Lead the creation of marketing/advertising campaigns, from developing the vision and the messaging platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with the creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Understand and have experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Oversee development of all CTX marketing initiatives that support institutional strategic priorities of enrollment, community engagement, and student success;
- Develop marketing initiatives for each constituency of CTX including, but not limited to, Athletics, Academics, and Enrollment;
- Provide metrics and data to support the viability and success of marketing initiatives;
- Manage all print communications, marketing collateral materials, and electronic communication strategies;
- Develop, manage and foster relationships with external vendors to enhance the effectiveness of CTX initiatives
- Budgeting: The Director will
- Develop and gain approval for construction of annual income and expenditure budget for Marketing.
- Prepare regular reports on initiatives, progress, budgets, and expenditures related to the Marketing programs;
- Monitor budget and recommend changes as necessary
- Team Development/Management: The Director will
- Manage, recruit, develop and lead a constructive Marketing team to fulfill the Marketing functions for CTX;
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality;
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach consistently; establish and monitor staff performance and goals, assign accountabilities, and set objectives for department staff
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- 8 – 10 years of related experience with 5+ years of creative direction in a professional setting
- Experienced in creating marketing/advertising campaigns, from developing the vision and the messaging platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Understanding and experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with different departments, identify their needs, and ensure customer/visitor satisfaction.
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on the use of new media technologies
- A minimum of five years' experience in planning, writing, editing, and producing marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas' mission, vision, and values
- Commitment to encouraging and supporting diversity, inclusion, and equity as a critical component of becoming the premier university where the adventure of faith, learning, and life-changing experiences leads to meaningful work
- Periodically requires non-traditional work hours, including evening and weekend work
- Sitting or standing at a computer 5-7 hours per day
- Lifting up to 30 pounds
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.
Please apply on our website: https://www.concordia.edu/resources/human-resources/staff-positions/director-of-enrollment-marketing.html