The purpose of the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications is to develop and implement domestic and international marketing plans to increase enrollments, donations and jobs for students while improving/maintaining Woodbury University’s visibility in the press and in key constituencies including alumni, donors and employers. The goal is to build brand awareness of the school locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. The Sr. Director of Marketing is charged with developing and implementing a social media plan for the University, and formulating the school’s messages for use in communicating with the media, the general public (including prospective students, alumni, employers and donors) and the Woodbury community (students, faculty, staff and Board members). This position will also help determine institutional positioning, and will act in an editorial capacity to direct preparation of significant publications, both printed and electronic. Works with the University’s Leadership on Publications, Exhibitions and Lectures, and relevant administrative departments such as Development and Admissions within the University to assure compelling, consistent and appropriate articulation of the Woodbury University’s brand in both words and images.
- Prepare plans for strategic institutional Communications and Marketing on both an annual and multi-year basis with a focus on both print and electronic collateral materials, video highlights, stewardship impact stories and social media channels to acknowledge and engage our constituents and furthers Woodbury’s strategic priorities;
- Defines marketing and communications objectives that are aligned and in support of the University’s mission, vision, and institutional goals as informed by the Strategic Plan. Analyzes and interprets information, conditions, stakeholder positions, and other variables in order to develop a framework for communications and marketing; adjusts the strategy in response to or in anticipation of changing conditions. Coordinates/outsources, as appropriate, with outside agency partners, ensuring collaboration and consistency.
- Oversees the development of the University's brand identity and messaging. Creates an effective partnership network across all departments of the University, including Administrators, faculty and staff to advance brand-building goals.
- Serves as marketing/communications liaison to the University's senior leadership. Advises on media perceptions, public relations issues, marketing strategies, and effective messaging to advance the reputation of the University and to minimize risk.
- Create a quantitative and qualitative measurement system to evaluate the effectiveness and success of allcommunications and marketing campaigns;
- Coordinate a cross-institution committee charged with developing a plan forbrand development;
- Lead the development and implementation of leading-edge digital and social marketing campaigns, with an emphasis on innovative programs that will build awareness and generate prospective student, alumni, community or media engagement.
- Design and implement donor surveys for the purpose of refining and improving reports and other donor communications.
- Annually identify the university’s most press-worthy activities and then develop and implement strategies for securing commitments for coverage;
- Obtain, verify, and provide information for the media, including overseeing the development and distribution of public relations for press, radio and television;
- Work with the universities’ leaders to conceptualize, develop, and oversee the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the university’s website;
- Track competitor activities, marketing and advertising trends, etc. to ensure continual awareness of market conditions and impact on program development. Must be able to take the next step and assimilate this learning to help maximize the effectiveness of existing programs and help with the development of new program ideas.
- In conjunction with the university’s academic departments and administrative offices, review and edit materials and publications to assure completeness, accuracy and consistent communication of the Woodbury University brand;
- In conjunction with university leadership, approve/oversee the production of videos and printing of school publications, such as posters, catalogs, flyers invitations and newsletters to ensure standards of design quality;
- Develop timetables, communication calendars, develop and monitor budgets, budget controls, and show attention to detail while juggling multiple activities.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Develop Social Media Marketing Plans.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management-level position in a public relations or marketing field. Higher education setting preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree, in public relations, marketing, or in the arts.
- Proven leader with success in bringing together differing and sometimes competing groups on campus into a cohesive and strong marketing team.
- Impactful writing skills, effective editing abilities, and the vision and expertise to inspire and impart talented storytelling. Excellent ability to conceptualize, develop and execute communications (video, printed and electronic) and to maximize their visual impact.
- Working knowledge of the latest digital and print developments and trends, publications, e-communications, branding and market research techniques and practices.
- Experience coordinating efforts with a variety of external partners on creative processes and projects, while personally contributing to the success of projects.
- Aptitude and adeptness for using data to inform strategy and tactics around creating and assessing target markets and ROI that are aligned with the University’s strategic plan and mission.
- Exposure to online education and awareness of best practices associated with SEO and other marketing trends.
- A strong understanding of, experience in creative marketing and outreach strategies including social media and digital initiatives
- A commitment to outreach and service to ethnically diverse communities
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership in both short-term and long-term strategic planning, and in institutional positioning/brand management.
- Professional knowledge of the press. Experience in and overseeing print production and in website management.
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Hand/fingers dexterity to work with computers.
- Walking, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to utilize office equipment such as computers and copiers
- Kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing, etc.
- Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
- Works indoors in an office environment the majority of the time.
- Complex reading and writing ability.
ApplicationPlease submit application materials to the following link:
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.