- Support the day-to-day implementation of the MEL team activities as assigned, including meeting coordination, note taking and notes dissemination.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external meetings, conferences, workshops and other technical meetings, including remote participation, venue procurement, vendor relations, payment processing, participant travel, planning coordination, materials support, and calendar management.
- Conduct content searches and organize resources in support of resource and literature reviews.
- Provide back-up editing and formatting support as needed.
- Maintain team tracking documents, including bi-weekly support to update the deliverables tracker, publications inventory tracker, and other tools.
- Maintain team filing systems by saving and updating necessary documents including: job aids, guidance, curricula, job descriptions, work plans, budgets, strategy documents, and progress reports on the project’s shared Google Drive folder and project Intranet.
- Coordinate payments to outside vendors and provide financial and budgetary support under the direction of the MEL Director.
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Education Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Post-graduate work experience preferred, but work experience through school and/or summers accepted. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize complex information clearly and accurately.
- Comfortable helping others prioritize and stay organized in a busy, fluid environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines with quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work successfully in a multicultural team environment with linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Workspace (Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.).
- Experience in planning/coordinating events, travel logistics, and basic financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail; able to create and maintain organizational systems for professional collaboration.
- Confident taking initiative within defined scope and gathering information necessary to drive work and complete tasks independently.
- Solution-oriented and proactive when faced with problems and gaps in information.
Languages: English fluency required; proficiency in Portuguese, Russian, and/or French highly desirable.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters on the JSI website here by 04/01/2021. Only applicants that apply through the JSI careers page will be considered for this position.