- Develop behavior change and strategic communication plans for JSI projects ranging from youth vaping prevention, prediabetes awareness to marijuana use during pregnancy.
- Work collaboratively with teams to develop project deliverables - including print and online materials, reports, in-person and web-based presentations, and training materials and tools - across all development stages.
- Create compelling messages for a variety of audiences and communication modes.
- Provide communication-related technical assistance to clients.
- Apply rigorous analytic thinking and creativity to the collection and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data related to communications planning.
- Support evaluation of health communication projects, including estimating reach and impact of communication activities/media placements through web and social media analytics
- Lead, coordinate, and manage project teams dynamically, adapting to tight and evolving timelines.
- Manage project scopes and budgets.
- Oversee the development and production of project deliverables.
Partnerships and business development:
- Actively contribute to business development through proposal writing, developing relationships with potential clients, and generating new project opportunities.
- Develop productive partnerships with other collaborating organizations, grantees, and stakeholders.
Internal learning and development:
- Participate in groups and professional development activities that contribute to a strong office culture and social cohesion.
- Master’s degree preferred, minimum BA or BS in digital marketing, digital media, health communication, marketing, social media or relevant concentration.
- Five to seven years of marketing, advertising, evaluation, and supervision experience.
- Demonstrated interest in or passion for advancing health and health equity
- Commitment to promoting racial equity and social justice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including copyediting
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An entrepreneurial approach to potential opportunities and challenges and commitment to high-quality client-focused services
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with team members, clients, and other key stakeholders
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat) and integrated marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Strong aesthetic sense, and understanding of good design principles.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google products (Drive, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Experience working with diverse and underserved populations
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) a plus
- Familiarity with website content management systems (WordPress, Drupal)
- Spanish language skills a plus
This position has an annual salary range that begins at $85,000, depending on years of experience. JSI offers competitive benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401k with a company match.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples. Samples should be uploaded with your cover letter as one document.
Apply via our Careers Portal: Health Communications Consultant