USAID Advancing Nutrition project is the Agency’s flagship nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
The project coordinator will work to keep the Nutrition in Humanitarian Contexts (NHC) team organized and on deadline through day-to-day administrative support. They will coordinate internal and external meetings for global and country-level activities, including coordinating meetings with USAID. The project coordinator can expect to support operational tasks and deliverables including consultant management, budget monitoring and projections, and recruitment. On occasion, they may be asked to contribute to technical activities, including quarterly resource reviews. S/he is based in Arlington, VA and will report to the Director, NHC. The salary range for this position is $47,500 to $53,426. Please note the JSI office is closed due to the ongoing pandemic and that all project staff are working remotely until the office reopens.
USAID Advancing Nutrition is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The project coordinator will:
- Work closely with the Technical Director of NHC to provide administrative support to team activities, including meeting coordination, notes, and notes dissemination.
- Coordinating internal meetings, including calendar invitations, room reservations, audio/video support, agendas, and notes.
- Assist in coordinating external meetings, conferences, and workshops, including remote participation, venue procurement, vendor relations, payment processing, participant travel, planning coordination, materials support, and calendar management.
- Conduct literature searches and organize content in support of resource and literature reviews.
- Maintain team filing system by saving and updating necessary documents including: job descriptions, work plans, budgets, strategy documents, and progress reports on the project’s shared Google Drive folder and project Intranet.
- Provide support to staff and consultants on travel assignments by supporting the travel approval process, travel logistics, and ensuring trip report submission.
- Backstop consultants, including collecting onboarding paperwork, drafting the contract, processing and tracking payments, and tracking consultant deliverables, and supporting consultant travel.
- Propose, create, and maintain team tracking documents, including monthly support to update the deliverables tracker and other tools.
- Circulate key project information and/or materials to the team on a routine basis, including results reports, work planning documents, or general project updates.
- Coordinate payments to outside vendors and provide financial and budgetary support under the direction of the Project Officer.
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Post-graduate work experience preferred, but work experience through school and/or summers accepted. Experience working, studying, or living overseas preferred. Recent graduates welcome to apply!
- Required Skills:
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail.
- Proactive and comfortable independently gathering information to complete tasks.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse colleagues
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Google applications, e.g. Google Docs, Google Drive.
- French language spoken and written capacity.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience in planning/coordinating events, travel logistics, and basic financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Confident taking initiative within defined scope and driving work independently.
- Languages: English fluency required.