- Facilitate communications between home office, field office, and between technical and management staff to ensure regular, open communication including routine team meetings
- Coordinate processes to support program strategy development, work plan development and monitoring; support the day-to-day implementation of work plan activities
- Provide financial and administrative support to back-stop in-country teams and field offices to facilitate financial management, operations, and complicity with JSI’s systems and procedures. Financial responsibilities could include field accounts, cash flow requests, procurement support, etc.
- Collaborate with technical staff to draft scopes of work/RFPs for consultants, contractors, or technical assistance providers working under assigned project activities; in consultation with technical staff help ensure scopes of work are followed and quality deliverables are submitted
- Collaborate with staff to schedule, draft agendas for, and support facilitation of regular internal technical and programmatic meetings
- Assist Center in recruiting local staff, and orienting field staff to JSI and donor systems;
- Collaborate with the Washington and field office finance and admin staff to coordinate and implement start-up/close-out procedures and tasks as required
- Support finance staff to draft and review subcontracts and vendor agreements; maintain print and electronic operating files and regularly update network drives.
- Help establish and maintain a project file structure.
- Support travel logistics for program staff and consultants.
Documentation and Knowledge Management:
- Lead the preparation, editing, formatting and dissemination of Center and project reports, workplans, presentations, technical documents, etc., including tracking deadlines for reporting to ensure timely, quality reports;
- Work with communications staff to develop and disseminate project materials, newsletters, social media and other communications materials in support of the Immunization Center communications strategy.
New Business Development:
- Assist Center leadership in the development of various components of proposals and other new business development activities, including working with other POs to monitor donor RFPs, track status of proposals, and update Immunization Center NBO and project databases.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience, including working in the field of international public health or related field; or Graduate degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, including working in the field of international public health or related field;
- French language required
- Proven coordination, activity management, administrative and organizational skills
- Previous experience backstopping overseas field offices, including relevant in-country experience essential
- Ability to work independently and in groups, to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills--demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Excellent writing, communication, prioritization and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; knowledge of other computer programs or graphic design experience a plus
- Willingness to travel