USAID Advancing Nutrition is the Agency’s flagship nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
The project coordinator will work to keep the Knowledge Management (KM) team organized and on schedule through day-to-day administrative support. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have experience providing administrative support, able to learn new systems and processes quickly, and able to balance multiple tasks/activities and ad hoc requests at once. They will coordinate internal and external meetings, including meetings with USAID. The project coordinator can expect to support operational tasks and project deliverables including webinar planning, updating the project website, and contributing to the project’s communication strategy. They may be asked to contribute to editing and formatting of publications and other knowledge management and communications tasks as needed. They are based in Arlington, VA and will report to the KM Director. The salary range for this position is $47,500 - $53,426. Please note the JSI office is closed due to the ongoing pandemic and that all project staff are working remotely until the office reopens.
USAID Advancing Nutrition is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The project coordinator will:
- Support the day-to-day KM team operations , including meeting coordination and agenda development, note taking, and notes dissemination.
- Support coordination of internal and external meetings, conferences, workshops, webinars, and other events, including remote participation, general procurement, vendor relations, payment processing, participant travel, planning coordination, materials support, and calendar management.
- Conduct content searches and organize resources in support of resource reviews.
- Provide back-up editing, formatting, and layout support as needed.
- Maintain team-tracking documents and tools, including updates to the deliverables tracker, publications inventory tracker, project Google Calendars and other tools.
- Maintain team filing systems by saving and updating necessary documents including: job aids, guidance, curricula, job descriptions, work plans, budgets, strategy documents, and progress reports on the project’s shared Google Drive folders and project Intranet.
- Coordinate payments to outside vendors and provide financial and budgetary support under the direction of KM activity leads.
- Contribute to the project’s communication strategy, supporting the communications officer in developing web and social media content and assist with dissemination of project publications.
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Post-graduate work experience preferred, but work experience through Peace Corps, school and/or summers accepted. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail; able to create and maintain organizational systems for professional collaboration.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize complex information clearly and accurately.
- Comfortable helping others prioritize and stay organized in a busy, fluid environment.
- Ability to work independently and in groups; manage multiple tasks concurrently; and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a multicultural team environment. Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Workspace (Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.).
- Experience in planning/coordinating events, travel logistics, and basic financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with corporate file management systems.
- Confident taking initiative within defined scope and driving work independently.
- Solution-oriented and proactive when faced with problems and gaps in information.
Languages: English fluency required; proficiency in French, Portuguese, and/or Russian highly desirable.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED