Finance & Operations Manager
$90,000 – $115,000 • yearly
JSI and World Education
The FOM is supervised by the Senior Finance & Operations Manager or the Director of Finance and Operations. The FOM may supervise staff in the US and in project offices as needed.
- Provide direct support to project staff (US-based and project offices) on financial, operational, and compliance functions. Assist project teams in solving challenges as they arise and tailored to the project implementation context;
- Ensure compliance and consistent application with JSI’s policies and procedures in implementation of all Project and Center activities;
- Supervise, mentor, and train staff with core finance and operations responsibilities both in the US and project offices, as requested;
- Review of routine financial processes including cash flow and wires, budget and LOE tracking, financial reports and invoices;
- Review field accounts supporting documentation and provide support in Quickbooks and FieldLink for the month end closing;
- Apply an in-depth understanding of project agreements and approval requirements to ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Support preparation and tracking of project and/or center budgets and proactively address any issues with the SFOM and F&O Director(s);
- Support mid-term financial and operations internal reviews;
- Liaise with Human Resources on issues related to project administration and US-hire personnel management, ensuring that all relevant JSI HR policies and requirements are met;
- As requested, provide HR support with issues related to project office human resources, including CCN staff hiring, salary negotiation and finalization of local hire agreements, and compliance with local labor laws;
- Prepare and monitor expatriate staff allowances and prepare payments;
- Provide support in sub-award/grants management (conducting pre-award assessments/ongoing monitoring, reviewing subagreements and modifications, reviewing grants manuals, approving invoices);
- Prepare vendor contracts, subcontracts and consulting agreements. Ensure timely submission, review and approval of purchase orders, expenses reports, payments to vendors, consultants, and subcontractors;
- Manage and participate in the start-up and close-out of projects and field offices; and
- Serve as signatory on assigned projects and Centers as per JSI’s signatory policy.
International Division Support
- Serve as lead budgeter or reviewer on ID proposal budgets;
- As requested, onboard new F&O staff in all areas of Finance & Operations tasks;
- Work with corporate departments with issues related to office administration, IT, compliance and fraud management, accounting, human resources, and ensure coordination with other Centers and Projects to ensure consistent standards and shared understanding and application of systems;
- Supervise Finance and Program Officers, as requested. Ensures continuous training and improvement process is in place for staff to promote career growth; and
- Other division tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing finance and operations management support.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills;
- Knowledge of international donor rules and regulations (e.g., USG Agencies, BMGF, GAVI). Preferred;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred;
- Experience managing subawards preferred;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and problem solve;
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities;
- Dynamic team player with strong multicultural communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel; and
- Willing and able to travel internationally, if needed.
Please apply via our Careers Portal:
Apply for Finance & Operations Manager
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service