This job is archived
The intern will:
- Conduct an environmental scan on topics related to weight-inclusive/ weight-neutral public health, weight stigma, and fatphobia. Tasks may include conducting research on the existing evidence base, identifying experts in the field, conducting key informant interviews, developing summary materials to present the scan findings (white paper, slide deck, communication messages, blog post, etc.). This work will contribute to JSI’s existing business development efforts.
- Support JSI efforts to advance equity and social justice. Tasks may include synthesizing findings from the environmental scan into recommended action steps for JSI to take to ensure business development and future project work incorporates equity-related lessons learned.
- Analyze methods of research articles that connect weight and/or Body Mass Index (BMI) with health outcomes. Tasks may include scanning the literature for research articles, analyzing research article methodologies
- (strengths and weaknesses), and developing a summary of findings (e.g., report, slide deck). This work will inform JSI’s business development approach to weight and public health.
- Present key findings from environmental scan and analysis of research articles. Tasks may include synthesizing findings, and identifying potential action steps and recommendations into a presentation for a subset of JSI staff
- Maintain a work schedule agreed upon by all parties.
- Conduct all work primarily remotely. Opportunities to participate in in-person meetings may be available, but will not be required.
- Fulfill tasks set out by mutual agreement with supervisor(s) across several tasks.
- Take initiative to meet professional colleagues and learn about their work.
- Ensure the timely submission of required internship and project drafts and deliverables.
- Maintain professionalism at all times during the internship experience, including adherence to all professional standards, policies, and procedures including dress, personal conduct, and attendance.
- MPH or other relevant masters degree completed or in progress
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to analyze and synthesize various research methodologies
- Knowledge of Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Interest in learning about public health and weight-inclusive/ weight-neutral public health
- Interest in working in a culturally diverse environment
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience desirable
- Ability to work effectively remotely
Salary Range: $20 - $24 / hour, dependent on qualifications
Eligible Candidates can work in any state JSI R&T is registered (AZ, CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, PA, RI, VT, VA, & WI)
Please apply via our Careers Portal