- Complete an environmental scan of healthcare workforce development initiatives in New Hampshire. Tasks may include conducting research (interviews, background literature searches) on existing healthcare workforce development initiatives, mapping initiatives to an existing strategic plan, and developing summary materials to present the scan findings (white paper, slide deck, etc.). This work will contribute to strategic communications and partner recruitment plans.
- Contribute to the development of a healthcare workforce data inventory for New Hampshire. Tasks may include developing a framework by which each potential data source may be reviewed and documented - including individual data points, definitions, how data is derived/collected, statutory requirements, etc. - and reviewing data sources identified through the environmental scan and existing reports.
- Contribute to issue briefs and an executive summary of the Health Center Program Uniform Data System (UDS). The UDS is an annual reporting system that provides standardized information about the performance and operation of health centers delivering health care services to underserved communities and vulnerable populations. Tasks may include research, data analysis, and report writing.
- Support state-level health improvement planning efforts in New Hampshire. Participate in and provide facilitation and moderation support to workgroups of the State Health Assessment and Improvement Advisory Council. Tasks may include co-developing workgroup facilitation plans, identifying health improvement strategies aligned with workgroup discussion, and participate in coordinating efforts across workgroups.
- Meet healthcare system professionals through networking with team members in formal and informal settings.
- Maintain a work schedule agreed upon by all parties.
- Conduct all work primarily remotely. Opportunities to participate in in-person meetings may be available, but will not be required.
- Fulfill tasks set out by mutual agreement with supervisor(s) across several tasks.
- Take initiative to meet professional colleagues and learn about their work.
- Ensure the timely submission of required internship and project drafts and deliverables.
- Maintain professionalism at all times during the internship experience, including adherence to all professional standards, policies, and procedures including dress, personal conduct, and attendance.
- MPH or other relevant masters degree completed or in progress
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Knowledge of Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Interest in learning about public health and reproductive health
- Interest in working in a culturally diverse environment
- Reproductive health or adolescent health experience is desirable
- Qualitative research experience desirable
- Ability to work effectively remotely
Salary Range: $20-$24/hour dependent on qualifications
Eligible Candidates can work in any state JSI R&T is registered (AZ, CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, PA, RI, VT, VA, & WI)
Please apply via our Careers Portal