This role reports to the chief of staff, who oversees the communications function, and will partner closely with the communications director and their team to ensure consistent messaging across the organization.
- Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Translating and synthesizing the CEO's vision and voice across organizational and industry topics. Partnering with the CEO to:
- Communicate organizational strategy.
- Shape messages related to JSI's mission, vision, values, priorities, and key initiatives across all channels.
- Ensure that messages and materials reflect the CEO's voice and are positioned in the context of pressing global public health and health equity issues.
- Draft internal and external communiques such as staff updates, quarterly board reports, op-eds, and blogs.
- Tailor messages for various constituents, including employees, clients, donors, businesses, policymakers, and communities.
- Create compelling CEO speeches, presentations, and digital assets in partnership with the creative team.
- Plan and manage virtual interactive all-employee town halls.
- Respond to any PR issues and crises.
- Staying current on industry issues and JSI projects, and keeping CEO abreast of current relevant topics and events.
- Partnering with the director of communications and leaders across the organization to continually identify high-impact communications opportunities to enhance CEO’s external presence and use CEO as an ambassador of JSI’s thought leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen, provide feedback, and transform ideas into key messages and materials with clarity and conviction.
- 8+ years planning, writing, editing, and producing communications such as campaigns, newsletters, press releases, annual reports, presentations, speeches, conferences, and videos.
- Experience in executive communication or executive speechwriting is a plus.
- Ability to advise and manage any PR crisis by engaging the correct internal and external experts.
- Ability to communicate organizational change internally and externally with grace and intelligence
- Understanding of global public health and issues of health equity.
- Ability to inspire confidence among leaders and other partners.
- Confidence and strong emotional intelligence.
- Strong business acumen and ability to anticipate the CEO's communication needs.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with all facets of the organization to develop and execute plans.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25%, or as needed.
- BA in journalism, communications, political communications or a related field preferred.
- 10+ years in an executive communication role, either in-house or executive consulting.
This description is not all inclusive.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Careers Portal Executive Communications Director