- Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and developing integrated communications strategies combining public relations, marketing, event management, graphic design, and digital and issue management/crisis communications:
- Developing multi-channel strategic communications plans leveraging paid, earned, shared, and owned media to advance JSI’s reputation, promote its culture and innovation, and elevate key executives as industry thought leaders.
- Directing team in developing and executing timely editorial planning and storytelling.
- Overseeing external conference and event planning and execution.
- Directing, leading, and mentoring teams in delivering strategic communications plans and campaigns. Continuously adjusting priorities and redeploying talent as business needs evolve.
- Ensuring error-free, accurate, approved communications that are consistent with JSI’s core values.
- Managing agency support.
- Leading effort to have a fully integrated communications infrastructure across JSI to elevate and strengthen the organization and its affiliate brands worldwide.
- Overseeing communications for domestic and international programs, ensuring the JSI brand is consistent and representing one organization, and providing best-in-class resources to divisions and centers.
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring in a dynamic and inclusive manner, fostering trust, motivation, and peak performance.
- Professional experience/qualifications:
- BA in journalism, communications, or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years in a senior communications management role, either in-house or executive consulting.
- 5+ years building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists.
- 5+ years planning, writing, editing, and producing materials such as newsletters, press releases, annual reports, presentations, speeches, conferences, and videos.
- Experience working with nonprofit and/or mission-based organizations with a global reach, or in global or public health.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, superior problem-solving skills, and ability to execute near-term details with precision while advancing a broader, forward-looking strategy.
- Strong performance accountability and ability to follow through on commitments, maintain confidentiality, and meet deadlines in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership, time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Proven commitment to coaching and mentoring, creating a learning environment, and fostering a culture of collaboration, trust, and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to distill key industry trends, recommend strategic actions, and share ideas and information across diverse audiences.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% or as needed.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Careers Portal : Sr. Director, Communications Operations