Monitoring Evaluation Research & Learning Officer
JSI and World Education
The ARC Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer will support all aspects of ARC’s MERL Plan. This position reports to the ARC Project Director, who also serves as Project MERL Lead. This position is full time and can be remote, but candidates located in the EST time zone are preferred. The hiring organization for this position is JSI.
- Compilation and synthesis of information from published literature on selected topics.
- Analyzing data to be put into tables and graphs for internal reports and external publications. Depending on skillset, higher-level analysis of quantitative or qualitative data will be included.
- Supporting routine monitoring by cities, including helping to develop indicator reference sheets, tracking tools, data quality procedures, and training materials.
- Providing bibliographic support for any ARC publications.
- Supporting ethical review board applications.
- Depending on skillset, support the design and execution of ARC research activities in partner cities.
- Documenting datasets for submission to the USAID Development Data Library.
- Co-writing research results into social media, blogs and news articles.
- Co-authoring journal publications.
- Supporting additional project research, knowledge management, and technical activities as needed.
- Strong foundational training in statistical research methods and/or the same for qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated commitment to upholding ethical best practices for research.
- Excellent technical writing abilities, with experience in writing for academic journals.
- Fluent in Microsoft suite including higher level data visualization skills, Stata user preferred.
- Detail oriented, with good time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people representing a wide range of personal and organizational cultures, and with a largely remote team.
Language : English fluency required, fluency or proficiency in another relevant language preferred (Hindi, Bahasa, Bangali, Kyrgyz or Russian).
Please apply via our Careers Portal:
Apply for Monitoring Evaluation Research & Learning Officer
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service