Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Who we are:
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leading public health research and consulting organization dedicated to advancing the health of individuals and communities, is seeking three Project Associates to join our energetic and collaborative Bow, New Hampshire team. This entry level position will be responsible for supporting our growing portfolio of U.S.-based projects focused on collaboration and collective action across reproductive health, health care transformation, substance use and mental health, and other public health initiatives at the local, state and national levels. JSI projects span a wide variety of topics including: substance use disorder, emergency preparedness, aging, Medicaid reimbursement, maternal and child health, access to primary care and behavioral health; strategies to advance health and racial equity including addressing social determinants of health; Tribal health; environmental health and justice; women, family and children’s health; HIV; payment reform; and multisector approaches to advancing population health.
How we work:
We pride ourselves on being a workplace where people from a wide variety of lived experiences have the freedom to pursue their passions and take an active part in shaping the future of our work. We have a bias toward action: we do research with the explicit intent of influencing policy change and changes in practice. We understand that the public health field needs to reflect the diversity of our communities and are committed to building a diverse, and inclusive team.
Our office culture is strong—we care about each other as coworkers and as individuals and strive to extend flexibility to staff so that they can manage life, while still meeting the demands of the job. We are currently working fully remotely. Once we can safely return to being in a shared physical work environment, we balance in-person and remote working to meet personal needs as well as create a collaborative environment where we learn from one another and support each other’s success.
About the role:
We are hiring multiple full-time Project Associates to join our Northern New England team, based in Bow, New Hampshire. This position is designed to provide a breadth of exposure to multiple areas of domestic public health for a recent graduate or a professional looking to launch a career in public health or health care. For this role, we are looking for someone who embraces opportunities for growth and thrives in roles of responsibility with quick turnaround times. Our team has 45 team members who work across local, regional and national projects simultaneously with a high-level of individual accountability.
The Project Associate will:
- Provide research and administrative support for project teams, including web and literature searches, logistical coordination of project activities (interviews, meetings, trainings, workshops, webinars), maintenance of project-related files, and notetaking.
- Contribute to project deliverables and project and office-wide communications, including outline drafting, synthesizing, writing, slide-creation, formatting, editing, and design.
- Interface with clients and support the range of project activities - from scheduling meetings to presenting work products to supporting virtual events.
- Contribute to internal JSI-NNE responsibilities (facilitating office-wide meetings, operational functions within the office, etc.).
- Organize and contribute to business development for new projects.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis activities.
- Represent JSI with external audiences and clients at conferences and events.
- Some in-state and regional travel, as health and safety guidelines allow.
- Process and handle packages of materials and supplies up to 30 pounds.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (No Master’s-level or PhD-level candidates, please.)
- 1-2 years of work, volunteer, and/or internship experience
- Commitment to advancing health and racial equity
- Interest in domestic public health and health care
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate to diverse audiences on a variety of platforms
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to conduct and synthesize online research from multiple sources
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple work streams with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office programs (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google products (Drive, Gmail, Docs)
- Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms (Zoom, Slack, Miro, etc.)
Please apply via our Careers Portal
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Proficiency with website content management (Drupal) or email marketing platforms (MailChimp)
- Proficiency in languages other than English
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. Our mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.Our sis...