- Experience: Current employment as a police officer or deputy sheriff in California, OR successful completion of the California Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) basic course, and/or POST re-qualification course, within the past three years or by time of appointment.
- Education/Training: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade. Palomar College Police Officers are expected to maintain ongoing training mandated by POST to maintain their skills and retain their Peace Officer status.
Diversity Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet <https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hr/files/2019/12/Palomar-College-Student-Fact-Sheet.pdf>.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
• Access to our programs and services
• Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
• Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
• Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
• Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications.
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Visit https://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/21794 for full details and required application materials.
About the District:
Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate’s degree and certificate programs to approximately 30,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, Palomar College recently ranked #1 in community colleges in San Diego County in the San Diego’s Best of 2016 Readers Poll. And, Palomar College is just 12 miles from the glistening Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that sunny San Diego has to offer.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency