- Oversees all components of campus emergency management program on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance and integration of SEMS, NIMS, ICS, and Executive Order 1056. Develop and maintain campus emergency operations plan consistent with FEMA's Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG 101).
- Coordinates and trains campus community to support department emergency action plan development and maintenance, building marshal program, building evacuation drills, and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Provides emergency preparedness training for the campus community; maintains emergency management communications to the campus community and public via the Emergency Management and Preparedness website and other forms of technological and print correspondence.
- Oversees campus business continuity plan and program. Develops and maintains a business continuity framework for campus business units that include policies, procedures, and templates, to support consistency in the business units' approach, and consistency in continuity plan documentation. This includes disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Develops and maintains the campus business recovery plan and procedure; reviews, revises, and expands existing plans and protocols.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3j5kQAn
- Bachelor's degree in emergency management, homeland security, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience.
- FEMA Certifications: ICS I 00, 200, 300, 400; IS- 235a; IS-520; IS-700 and IS-775.
- Experience with managing or overseeing a college or university or city, state, or federal emergency management program strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Thorough knowledge of emergency management programs. Knowledge of principles, concepts and terminology in emergency preparedness and of legal/regulatory basis for current emergency management and homeland security initiatives and programs. Well-versed in Standardized Emergency Management Systems (SEMS), Incident Command System (ICS), the California Emergency Services Act, the Natural Disaster Assistance Act, and the Robert T. Stafford Act.
- Participation and membership in regional organizations such as the Office of Emergency Services Mutual Aid Regional Advisory Committee (MARAC), California Emergency Services Association, International Association of Emergency Managers, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to communicate, train to, implement, and crosswalk plans and procedures for SEMS, NIMS, and ICS. Ability to effectively communicate with emergency personnel across operational and administrative departments and agencies at local, state, and federal levels.
- Ability and specialized skills to: take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved; expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications; ability to train others and provide lead work direction.
- Ability to interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures to develop conclusions and make recommendations; perform basic research and statistical analysis; analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistics; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE is $7500 to $8167 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (4 days in office, 1 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a livescan criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through January 4, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/523012/emergency-manager
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency