- Consults with University management at all levels on employee relations and labor relations topics, including progressive discipline and corrective action, employee job performance or behavior concerns, employee complaints and grievances, alternate dispute resolution and strategic management of employee or labor issues.
- Reviews, administers, interprets, and provides advice/guidance regarding the terms and provisions of the University's collective bargaining agreements and/or University procedures and policies dealing with employee/labor relations matters.
- Conducts investigations and in-depth analytical studies and makes recommendations regarding grievances, complaints, disciplinary actions, and other employee relations issues.
- Provides back up support to Operations team which includes non-recruitment hires, PTF/transactional processing including extension of temporary appointments, time base changes, permanent status changes per the collective bargaining agreements.
Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information, and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community required. Demonstrated skills and experience working independently, communication effectively, and writing clear and concise reports required. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Demonstrated research, investigation and analytical skills required, as well as ability to find solutions to problems required.
Ability to exercise good judgment when responding to others, pursuant to the establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships. Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and to be accountable for own work results for effective and timely completion of work assignments. Computer skills, specifically word, Microsoft suite, Excel and Microsoft Power Point required.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Three years of progressively responsible support experience in a human resources or employee/labor relations program in a collective bargaining environment in a large complex organization required.
- Post-secondary public educational experience preferred.
- CSU campus experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of CSU collective bargaining agreements, as well as CSU and CSULB policies and procedures strongly preferred.
Staff Human Resources
Confidential Admin Support II
The targeted salary may be set as high as $64,000/year based on experience. The salary range for this classification is $4,464 to $10,180 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for (11) months with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
Skills assessment to be given at the time of the interview.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Jan 19, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/521085/employee-relations-specialist
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b214eaa568dc554c889c240ad055b05a