POSITION: HR Administrator
LOCATION: HUMAN RESOURCES
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of responsible professional and analytical HRIS responsibilities in direct support of the university’s salary administration and position classification programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Leverage the various HRIS systems to maintain confidential HR data; produce a variety of standard and ad-hoc reports, analyze and compile appropriate data when needed. Ensure integrity of employee data (accurate, complete, and timely).
- Work across departments to ensure salary administration guidelines are followed and ensure employee pay (for Adjuncts, contracts, faculty, staff, and student workers) is able to be correctly processed. Be a resource to others in the resolution of complex salary-related issues.
- Work within systems and procedures, ensures all aspects of job creation are addressed in a timely manner i.e. creation of position numbers, posting of new and revised descriptions, etc.
- Process employee transactions in the HRIS system; enter and maintain data that includes but not limited to New Hire, Termination, Leave of Absence, Reassignment, Position Maintain, Hours Change, Salary Increase, Bonus/Supplement Pay
- Works with IT staff to ensure that the HRIS system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Partner with other HR team members to support department needs to include but not limited to survey participation and analysis, analytical support for HR metrics and employee training in the use of the HRIS.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written Communication
- Utilize Critical thinking
- Maintain Strict Confidentiality
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years’ experience in utilizing HR information systems
- Experience working in an academic setting
- HR systems, recruiting/onboarding expertise, (PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, Taleo)
- Knowledge and experience working in a union environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially excel and data base applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: OPEN UNTIL FILLED