This job is archived
(Archived) Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved communities through health professions education, clinical service, biomedical research and compassionate patient care. Over 80 percent of CDU students and over 71 percent of CDU faculty are from communities of color. We are committed to cultivating diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underrepresented groups impacted by health disparities not only in South Los Angeles, but around the world.
Position Number: PS04201
The Human Resources Administrator will perform a variety of duties in support of the Human Resources Department and assigned HR Business Partner, including but not limited to data entry, employment records, recruiting, new hire orientation, onboarding, benefits administration and leave management.
RECRUITING AND GENERAL HR
- Supports the recruiting/staffing function including but not limited to job postings, applicant screenings, scheduling of interviews, scheduling of background checks, reference checks, pre-employment physicals and or drug screens, new employee badging, temporary agency personnel and new hire onboarding for assigned business units
- Coordinates and communicates to new hires regarding new hire orientation dates, maintains and disseminates new hire list to appropriate stakeholders, and coordinates presenters for new hire orientation
- Creates personnel file for HR Business Partners and maintains employee personnel file according to internal audit guidelines
- Makes copies of documents from active/terminated employee files in response to subpoenas and general counsel requests and retrieve personnel files from third party vendor as requested and archive personnel files through third party vendor as per retention guidelines
- Additional duties as assigned
BENEFITS AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- Acts as liaison between employees and third party benefits administrator(s) assisting in the coordination and administration of benefit, retirement and wellness programs
- Performs all daily tasks required for maintaining the benefit, retirement and wellness programs under the guidance of HR Business Partner and Director of HR
- Prepare articles for employee newsletter and communiques for broadcast as well as review, revise or initiate information brochures received from benefits provider and broker
- Coordinates annual open enrollment and wellness fair
- Assists HR Business Partner in LOA management and compliance program
- Works closely with IT, accounting and payroll to ensure that contribution files and levels of benefits coverage are properly uploaded, deducted and accurate
- Reconciles and process wire request, invoices, reimbursements and payments to ensure timely turnaround to vendors and or employees
- Additional duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ clerical/office support experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources, with focus and experience in recruiting and benefits administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent and concise oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work with people.
• High degree of accuracy and detailed oriented.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Desire and willingness to grow within Human Resources.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4056
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.