The home office of this position has the opportunity to be based at any one of our three campuses (Fort Collins, Longmont, or Westminster).
Who We Are
With three campuses along Colorado’s Front Range, Front Range Community College is the state’s largest community college. We enroll close to 28,000 students annually from our diverse service area, which offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities.
Each year approximately 5,000 FRCC students transfer to four-year universities. FRCC offers more than 36 career training programs that prepare students for immediate employment and rewarding careers. Last year, more than 5,000 high school students took concurrent enrollment classes with us, earning college credit without having to pay college tuition. And we were recently ranked as one of the “Top Online Colleges” in the country by Newsweek.
One of FRCC’s main goals is to offer educational excellence for everyone. The College’s strong commitment to student success means we start by creating an inclusive and equitable environment—one where both students and employees feel they belong and are supported. FRCC’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is woven into the fabric of our college conversations and decision-making processes. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that reflects the diversity of our student body.
The College is also an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution. For us, becoming an HSI is an intentional commitment to being a college where our Latinx (and other historically marginalized) students thrive. FRCC employees and leaders work hard to create a culture of collaboration, innovation and pride. We’re looking to hire people who share these values—along with our commitment to student success, equity and excellence.
Who You Are
As the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Success, you will take on a new position responsible for the strategic direction of the division dedicated to transforming the student experience, promoting enrollment growth, strengthening student program sustainability, shortening student time towards completion, and increasing student retention, engagement, and completion.
As a member of the cabinet team, reporting directly to the College President, you will serve as the executive enrollment management and student affairs officer at Front Range Community College (FRCC). You will work collaboratively with the president and the cabinet to champion robust, cohesive, and holistic institutional approaches to student success, bolstered by academic and organizational excellence. In support of the College's mission, vision, and core values, you bring dynamic, strategic, and equity-focused leadership to develop and ensure the rigor and relevance of student programs and services; facilitate continued development of innovative practices; enhance and advance student success; ensure open access to higher education; and enrich the campus life experience for students and employees.
In the role of Vice President, you will be an established leader, committed to the development of a team that is dedicated and who cares deeply about the College and its students. As the new leader, you will be equally committed to recognizing and developing the team as well as student success. We are seeking an accomplished leader, collaborator, and motivator who will serve a critical role in ushering FRCC into its next era of equitable student success and performance excellence.
Ideally, you are a proven enrollment management practitioner influenced by technology integrations and disruptive innovations in higher education seeking to revolutionize prospect recruitment, prospect onboarding, student engagement, and program completion
Please note: This is an on-campus position with an opportunity for hybrid remote work. You need to be a Colorado resident on your first day of employment.
SALARY: $130,000 to $140,000 annually
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of November 18, 2022.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Vice President, Enrollment Management and Student Success.
At FRCC, masks are optional, but we allow individual staff and faculty to request students and colleagues wear masks in offices or in class.
Strategic Enrollment Management:
- In full partnership with the President, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Executive Director of Equity and Inclusion, and the Director of Marketing, lead the development and implementation of the FRCC institutional strategic enrollment management plan.
- Provide leadership for the development of innovative and inclusive recruitment strategies.
- Develop and implement a predictive analysis model to include real-time data to determine status of enrollment funnel and student pathways towards completion.
- Ensure division uses on-site, hybrid, remote, and alternative working strategies to serve the unique and diverse needs of our prospects and students to ensure equitable student success.
- Implement strategies and assist in the development and administration of short- and long-term enrollment management goals in alignment with the institutional strategic direction.
- Streamline and promote innovative student onboarding, advising and pathway engagement/re-engagement experiences.
- Co-develop key performance indicators and scorecard tracking system to improve system flow and the overall student experience.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in analyzing reporting, planning, and executing actions necessary to enhance student registration.
- Lead the collaborative efforts across the college to advance the Guided Pathways advising model.
- Utilize technology and innovative measures to increase student access to services.
- Conduct regular evaluations of policies and processes to identify opportunities for continuous improvement with an application of a lens of equity and inclusivity.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department on enrollment and marketing campaigns.
Strategic Planning & Leadership:
- Continuously improve market penetration of service area through strategic enrollment, branding, and marketing efforts.
- Design and implement an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the college’s strategic goals including overseeing the recruitment, training, supervision, professional development, and evaluation of division staff.
- Oversee the division’s budget and make budget decisions in concert with other senior leaders and consistent with overall college goals.
- Provide student-centered leadership that values inclusive excellence, promotes equity, and supports campus-wide efforts to increase student retention, success, and completion.
- Ensure the College delivers a comprehensive array of student services, student development and enrollment management programs that support the College’s intended culture.
- Use data to develop goals and objectives for student enrollment, development and engagement departments to assist the college in achieving its strategic goals.
- Advise the President and the cabinet on all matters pertaining to division and its impact.
- Structure the division to ensure optimal results and the advancement of the institutional mission.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data with an equity lens to assess the division’s impact on marginalized populations and to close equity gaps.
- Facilitate the development and delivery of student programs and services that implement the goals of the College and promote student success using data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate with Institutional Research to ensure decisions being made are data driven and enrollment management/student success has needed reports to meet recruitment, retention and completion goals.
Compliance & Partnership:
- Develop, review and monitor compliance with Colorado Community College System (CCCS) policies and System Procedures pertaining to student success.
- Ensure college website content is regularly updated and compliant with regulations.
- Serve as the college’s representative on the CCCS Vice President’s Student Affairs Council and other committees, boards and councils as assigned.
- Promote positive student relations by maintaining effective lines of communication with student leaders and serving as a strong advocate for the co-curricular needs of students. Attend and support student events.
- Serve as a member of the college’s emergency planning committee to ensure the safety of students, employees, and visitors to all campuses.
- Support positive relations for the college by becoming involved with community and civic organizations on behalf of the college.
Commitment to Values: Demonstrate leadership and collaborative behaviors and actions that support FRCC values.
Student Success Focus: Make decisions that support a student-first culture.
Strategic Planning: Develop a vision for the future and creates a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrate behaviors that convey the importance of diverse lived-experiences and using an equity lens to guide decisions.
Change Catalyst: Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches when addressing problems and opportunities.
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with many types of individuals and the ability to write clearly and persuasively.
Motivation: Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach goals and/or perform to the best of their ability.
Risk-Taker: Ability to take calculated risks or to stretch the limits of comfort zones. Ability to make quick decisions while keeping policy and regulations at the forefront of all decisions.
Team Building: Ability to convince a group of individuals to work toward a common goal.
Required Education/Training & Work Experience:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Significant higher education administrative experience in enrollment management and/or student affairs.
- Supervisory experience with staff at a director level or above and a proven track record of collaborative leadership.
- Demonstrated experience with current educational trends, student success strategies and a proven track record increasing student achievement and development.
- A leadership record with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Record of successful planning, decision-making, data analytics, budget management, and goal achievement.
Preferred Education/Training & Work Experience:
- Ph.D., Ed.D. or related terminal degree from an accredited institution.
- Community college experience.
- Experience creating and implementing a guided pathways approach.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.