This job is archived
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the planning, direction, and implementation of all functions and operations related to the Office of Financial Aid. Policies, practices and actions developed will normally affect college-wide programs. The Director also participates in the development of college and/or division-wide policies.
About New Jersey City University
The mission at New Jersey City University (NJCU) is to provide a diverse population with an excellent education. The University is committed to the improvement of the educational, intellectual, cultural, socioeconomic, and physical environment of the surrounding urban region and beyond. Established in 1927 as a training school for teachers, today NJCU is among the most comprehensive 4-year public universities in the state. Located in Jersey City, NJ, and minutes from New York City, NJCU's fully accredited College of Arts and Sciences, Education, Professional Studies, and School of Business offer 43 undergraduate degree programs and 28 master’s programs and 2 doctoral programs , including emerging and interdisciplinary fields.
NJCU students engage in rigorous applied-learning experiences that include opportunities to study abroad, and cooperative education internships. NJCU operates two additional campus sites— NJCU School of Business in Jersey City’s financial district and NJCU at Brookdale in, Wall Township in Monmouth County.
- Manage all aspects of administering federal and state student financial aid by coordinating the review, verification, awarding and disbursement of student financial aid according to all federal, state, and campus based regulations.
- Complete all required reports including FISAP, Program Participation Agreements, and other annual reports required by federal, state and institutional agents.
- Manage awarding and disbursing of institutional scholarships.
- Responsible for federal and state program compliance and reporting, customer services and information, and systems development.
- Manage the maintenance, upgrade and enhancement of the financial aid module, part of the integrated PeopleSoft Student Information system.
- Responsible for working with appropriate offices to facilitate effective recruitment and retention strategies that support the implementation of the university’s enrollment plan.
- Collaborate with enrollment services to develop financial aid literacy programming to enrolled student body as well as develop strategies to facilitate students who are impacted by verification processes.
- Maximize filing rates of prospective and current students to maximize federal and state aid eligibility through the use of effective communication tools.
- Organizes, plans and directs and participates in the activities of the program or work unit; sets goals, plans and implements work programs and develops unit policies and procedures in accordance with college policies, goals, and objectives and translates them into policies and operating procedures.
- Administers and interprets applicable federal and/or state laws and regulations that impact upon the college.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparations of reports and studies containing findings and recommendations for the review, information and assistance of supervisors.
- Manage the A133 yearly audits, as well as all other financial aid audit and reviews.
- Compiles and summarizes statistical and other data for reports to the college and/or other agencies.
- Participates with other senior managerial staff in the development of college policy and in long and short range planning.
- Develops, administers and monitors the program or unit budget; reviews and approves or disapproves requests for expenditures.
- Supervises staff and directs the work operations, develops performance standards, reviews and makes performance evaluations, provides guidance and counsel to staff and approves personnel actions within the program or unit including promotions, hiring and disciplinary actions in accordance with college policies and state regulations.
- Evaluates program goals, operations and performance; as required, develops and implements alternative procedures to improve performance and meet the program objectives.
- Maintains integrity and appropriate confidentiality in college and program operations.
- Approves and/or develops public relations materials relating to the program or unit.
- Represents the college at conferences, seminars or meetings as required.
- Initiates and plans conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Provide opportunities for training and professional staff development.
- Serves on ad hoc and standing committees as required.
- Directs the establishment and the maintenance of essential records and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master's Degree in a field related to the area of assignment or equivalence.
Experience: Four years of significant professional and managerial experience in a university or college financial aid office or strategic enrollment management operation, or other field that is directly related to the functions of the position.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Open Until Filled
Please apply at: www.njcu.edu/hr