This job is archived
- Develop positive working relationships with local, regional, and national media outlets and respond to requests for information in a timely manner using sound judgment and modeling best practices for media engagement.
- Manage and curate content for all the College's communications channels: website, digital marketing, press releases, print, and digital publications such as newsletters and magazines, working collaboratively with colleagues in marketing to align produced content with the annual marketing strategy.
- Write talking points, remarks, and/or speeches on an as-needed basis for college leadership that align with current marketing efforts and enhance the College's reputation.
- Serve as the project lead to develop, maintain, evolve, and publish the College's annual report, magazines, employee newsletter, and maintain working editorial and press calendars.
- Enhance the College's reputation across the region, state, and nation through timely articles or editorial proposals, programs or program proposals, to print, broadcast, online, and other news outlets.
- Monitor media outlets for media mentions relevant to the College and its interests.
- Evaluate the College's news coverage and messaging, recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the Director to develop and implement the College's emergency communications plans.
- Work with the Director to create and implement public relations events beneficial to communicating the College's mission and promoting goodwill throughout the College's service area: community forums and dialogs, press conferences, legislative receptions, etc.
- Develop and communicate important, critical, and/or emergent messages that affect students and/or employees, which are sent through the College's student notification system.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in professional development activities and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Communications, or closely related field
- At least three (3) years experience in media relations, standard journalism practices, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Understanding of digital analytics strategies, reporting, and marketing applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and create accurate and compelling content based on research and collaboration with subject matter experts in a manner that is appropriate for multiple fields of study across a diverse institutional system.
- Possess the creative ability to revise existing content and create new and engaging written content for the college website, print, and digital applications
- Proven ability to write clear, dynamic, engaging, compelling, and effective digital content in a variety of styles/voices while remaining appropriate to target audiences
- Ability to write using multiple forms (stories, photo stories, video scripts)
- Excellent time management skills; ability to proactively manage multiple assignments of various sizes and scopes, and to manage workload and deadlines effectively
- Excellent written communication skills with an exacting knowledge of AP Style and English writing conventions (grammar, syntax, punctuation, and style)
- Openness to editing and ability to rework copy to incorporate editing suggestions
- Knowledge of web content management systems and computer applications for publishing, image handling, and web production
- Ability to work independently and productively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of both Mac iOS and PC systems, working knowledge of current publishing and graphic industry-standard software, including Adobe CSS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), digital publishing platforms such as Constant Contact, Scanner Software, and Photography/Digital Photography
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to travel to off-site locations for interviews, research, or training
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7094
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-e2dc[Register to View] 4d80659af78e00cf23