- Plan, direct, and manage centralized procurement activities.
- Review and process purchase requisitions from all college departments.
- Develop specifications for departmental purchases for the entire spectrum of goods and services.
- Conduct competitive bidding process.
- Maintain an annual bid calendar.
- Negotiate contracts for purchase.
- Establish and maintain proper vendor relationships.
- Manage a computerized purchasing system.
- Perform vendor analysis.
- Supervise employees in the Purchasing Office.
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in professional development activities and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in automated purchasing systems preferred, as is knowledge of Texas public procurement laws
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Purchasing management, preferably in a college, university, or governmental environment
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft order processing systems
- Professional certification preferred
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7097
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-6fdb61b3be40af[Register to View] 2156a2c7