POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, LEADERSHIP & ENGAGEMENT
LOCATION: CAMPUS LIFE
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of the Center for Leadership and Engagement (CLE). The Assistant Director of Leadership and Engagement will be responsible for the day to day operation and coordination of the Leadership Honor Society and other leadership development programs and initiatives. Through research and development, they will be responsible for the assessment of the various programs and opportunities provided through the Center for Leadership and Engagement. They will actively participate in the process of professional development training within the division, staff development and coordination of training for all student organizations and groups.
· Promotes student advocacy, diversity, involvement, inclusivity in developing and mentoring student leaders
· Works closely and in collaboration with other members of the Center for Leadership & Engagement
· Work collaboratively on departmental initiatives (training and development, recruitment, recognition, etc.) departmental programming, academic initiatives, recruitment events, etc.
· Serves as Advisor the Student Government Association Judicial Board
· Serves as Advisor to the Senior Class
· Manages Graduate Intern
· Assists with all major university projects (Orientation, Commencement, Open House, ETC)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required in higher education administration, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of professional experience in an institution of higher education, or field directly related to the functions of the position.
PREFERRED: A minimum of five (5) years progressive and innovative experience in student development & Master's degree.
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: June 10, 2021