POSITION: ASSOCIATE PROVOST
LOCATION: VP OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President, the Associate Provost will support the division of Academic Affairs in the administration of a portfolio of academic programs, centers, and initiatives focused on academic excellence and student success. The Associate Provost provides critical strategic senior leadership, direction, and oversight for areas including the general education program, honors program, academic and cultural centers, the first-year orientation program, as well as the Career Office, and will work in a highly collaborative environment that respects a culture of shared governance and cross-divisional innovation. The successful candidate will have an understanding of trends in higher education related to faculty and student success and will contribute to a culture of continuous improvement through strategies that are data-driven and based on best practices. The preferred candidate will have experience with program assessment and will work with academic departments and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to further the development and enhancement of student learning outcomes. In addition, the preferred candidate will assist in planning and implementing other strategic academic programs and will serve on university service committees as needed to represent the Office of Academic Affairs.
New Jersey City University is a highly diverse, urban, Hispanic- and Minority-serving institution committed to transforming lives through education and life-long learning.
As a senior leader, more specific responsibilities include:
- In support of Academic Affairs, this position works closely with the university’s colleges, faculty and administrative offices to oversee, implement, manage, and revise processes related to academic offerings and operational efficiencies for the advancement and assessment of curricular initiatives.
- Provides oversight and management of a variety of articulation agreements with other institutions.
- Provides guidance related to programs directly affecting faculty to include shared governance initiatives and ongoing engagement with the Faculty Senate.
- Fosters communication and facilitates implementation and practices across the university, including matters relating to catalog, new course and program approval.
- Provides management of student grievance process, academic integrity policy, and other student concerns.
EDUCATION: Doctoral Degree in relevant field.
EXPERIENCE Minimum of five years of experience in higher education managing at a senior level with a proven track record of successfully launching and managing initiatives.
- The successful candidate should have a demonstrated record of promoting high standards and evidence of successful project management in academic affairs, which includes academic policy, data-informed planning, and effective assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and capacity to build strong professional relationships throughout the university.
- Experience supervising or managing professional staff.
- Experience teaching, advising, leading, or mentoring students of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, differing levels of academic preparation, and varying abilities.
- Experience managing budgets, making decisions, and bridging diverse academic needs that depend upon the allocation of critical resources.
- Candidates with experience in a leadership position in a public urban university are encouraged to apply.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION: Open Until Filled