Director of Campus Ministry
John Carroll University
Director of Campus Ministry
Posting Number: AS669P
To direct and coordinate Campus Ministry's work of helping students find God in all things, promoting a faith that does justice, and providing for the spiritual well-being and sense of belonging of the university community.We will begin reviewing applications on April 1, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position can be directed to Edward Peck at email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a talented Campus Ministry team consisting of professionals, graduate assistants, and student interns.
- Develop and implement an inclusive vision and strategic plan for ministerial outreach and engagement of Catholics and other Christians and people of all faiths and spiritualities, including the rising number of “nones” on campus today.
- Supervise and coordinate all Campus Ministry programs and activities, including weekend and weekday liturgical celebrations, small faith-sharing groups, retreats, immersion trips, interfaith work, fair trade and sustainability efforts, and social media outreach.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the Jesuit Community, Gesu Parish, the Diocese of Cleveland and campus partners including; Liturgical Music and Musical Arts, Theology and Religious Studies, The Ignatian Spirituality Institute, the Institute of Catholic Studies, Residence Life, The Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion, The Center for Service-Learning and Social Action, and Athletics.
- Oversee the maintenance, use, and improvement of campus ministry facilities, and university chapels.
- Provide and make available spiritual direction and pastoral counseling for members of the university community.
- Represent the university at professional meetings and other university gatherings.
- Serve on committees or perform other duties as required.
- A practicing and dedicated Roman Catholic with pastoral counseling ability
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in ministry, primarily in higher education
- Proven leadership and managerial experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative pastoral outreach to today’s young adults
- Familiarity with the Ignatian Spirituality and Jesuit Mission
- A master’s degree in theology, ministry, or its equivalent
- Experience in Jesuit Education or Ignatian Formation
- Certification in Ignatian Spiritual Direction
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Travelling on an immersion experience would require different physical expectations depending on the location.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing women and men with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 70 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/2904
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency