This job is archived
(Archived) Deputy Institute Community and Equity Officer
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Deputy Institute Community and Equity Officer
The MIT Institute Community and Equity Office (ICEO) in the Office of the Provost seeks a Deputy Institute Community and Equity Officer to work closely with other members of senior leadership, key administrative leaders, students, postdocs, staff, and faculty across the Institute in realizing the priorities and commitments articulated in the Strategic Action Plan for Belonging, Achievement, & Composition.
Will partner as a thought leader in developing, prioritizing, implementing, and evaluating Institute-wide and department, lab, and center (DLC) specific strategies designed to deliver sustainable results with a holistic and integrated effort; and coordinate the efforts of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) professionals and committees across the Institute and manage, cultivate, and grow a pool of key internal and external partnerships for ICEO programs and projects. Will report directly to and work closely with the Institute community and equity officer.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- At least ten years of related experience
- Proven track record of building and implementing innovative, effective cultural change initiatives promoting diversity, inclusion, equity, and well-being
- Ability to conceptualize and lead programs
- Experience managing a team or leading projects, programs, or functions
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, listening, and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the university environment
- Discretion and judgment with confidential information and/or issues
- Ability to analyze data and use data to influence action
- Ability to work across organizational lines and multiple disciplines and cultures; and cultivate partnerships in MIT’s diverse community of students, staff, faculty, alumni, academic and administrative leadership, and senior leaders
Must be available to fully participate in campus life activities, including intermittent extended work hours.
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 22318.
MIT is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.
[Register to View] 095003881xmsonormal">