Assistant Dean or Director of Student Engagement and Belonging
Reports to: Dean of Student Affairs
Position Type: Full-time, 12 months, Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Office of Student Affairs at Menlo College is looking for an experienced, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated professional to direct student orientation and enhance the office’s growing student leadership development programs, activities, and engagement experiences. Under the supervision of the Dean of Student Affairs, the Assistant Dean or Director of Student Engagement will provide leadership and oversight in the planning and implementation of orientation, student leadership development, and educational and social activities, to create an engaged, informed, and spirited campus community. This individual should have demonstrated experience as a collaborative leader who places individual success, and group and community development as interrelated goals.
● Plan and direct all aspects of the Menlo College new student orientation program, in consultation with the Dean of Student Affairs.
● Serve as primary advisor to the Menlo College Student Government Association and oversee student government training and development to include: student governance basics, event development, and leadership.
● Design and implement leadership development programs to assist students in gaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform leadership functions. Collaborate with Career Services on initiatives to translate student leadership to professional development.
● Develop, organize, coordinate and oversee cultural, social, and recreational activities that reflect the diverse population of the Menlo College community.
● Assist in campus programming initiatives directly focused on student engagement and represent student needs and issues on college committees.
● Work across multiple campus departments to communicate and engage college partners in orientation and student club programming.
● Oversee all student clubs and organizations, including managing the registration process and supporting student organization leaders and members through equitable and responsive services.
● Provide advising, training, and administrative oversight to all campus organizations, including contract management, event planning and project management, as well as the interpretation of campus policies and procedures.
● Manage the Student Union to include facilities oversight and the selection, training, and development of student staff.
● Manage external communications such as the weekly newsletter, social media marketing, website updates, and serve as the primary administrator for the Menlo app powered by Ready Education.
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in higher education administration, public administration, counseling, or related field preferred.
● Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Student Affairs or related field.
● Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for Student Affairs professionals, including: student activities; leadership development, student development, engagement, and success.
● Demonstrated commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence; and experience working with underrepresented students.
● Outstanding verbal, written, and public presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and all external constituencies.
● Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office and Student Information Systems (Jenzabar preferred).
● Proficiency with outcomes assessment and continuous improvement.
● Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
About Menlo College
Menlo College is a diverse and tight-knit community of exceptional, involved people. Our mission is to: “...ignite potential and educate students to make meaningful contributions in the innovation economy.” We attract students from all over the world who are committed to learning, playing intercollegiate sports, starting and leading organizations, and making an impact in their communities.
For the 12th straight year, Menlo College was named to The Princeton Review “2021 Best Colleges,” a recognition given to only 12% of all colleges and universities in the U.S. In 2020, Menlo College was also ranked #11 in Money for Best U.S. Business Colleges. Menlo College is designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
Our campus is located 30 miles south of San Francisco, in Silicon Valley – one of the world’s most entrepreneurial and innovative locations. Silicon Valley is renowned as an innovation incubator with exceptional opportunities for experience-based learning.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, a current resume and contact information for 3 references. Position is open until filled. Letters of recommendation may be requested at a letter date:
Attn: Director of Human Resources
1000 El Camino Real, Atherton, CA 94027-4301
or via email to email@example.com
Menlo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity. All prospective Menlo College employees are required to satisfy a background check, as well as clearance annually for the operation of a motor vehicle on behalf of Menlo College. As we are an in-person campus, we require proof of full vaccination and a booster or approved exemptions for COVID-19
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the College visit: Benefits of Belonging