- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) is a Learning Centered College that supports a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect, equity and understanding and incorporating views from dissimilar frames of reference are encouraged and valued. Please review PVCC's track record and join us on our continued path of student success.
PVCC's Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: As a college we embrace equity, engagement, inclusion and innovation. We seek to continuously improve our campus through diverse identities, expertise and perspectives. We are committed to creating engaging relationships that inspire and support all learners to increase their capacity for personal growth and positive social change. PVCC provides access to these opportunities in a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment for all our students, employees, and community members.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Virtual: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) is seeking a Public Relations and Marketing Director who provides visionary leadership for all public relations, marketing, and communications functions for Paradise Valley Community College in alignment with the college strategic vision and mission. Reporting directly to the President, this position will lead a team to develop and implement effective and comprehensive marketing strategies designed to enhance the public image of the college, increase enrollment, encourage partner engagement, and highlight and advance the diverse programs and services of the college. The Director supports all of the College's public relations, internal and external communication efforts, communications and marketing campaigns, digital and social media initiatives, and works in collaboration and alignment with the Maricopa Community College District.
The Public Relations and Marketing Director will demonstrate constructive team-building principles, a dedication to putting students first, and a commitment to serving diverse and nontraditional college students. The Director provides leadership and strategic decision-making and demonstrates a commitment to student success, diversity, service excellence, innovation, and collaboration. It is critical that the Director be a strong communicator and effective partner to a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, district colleagues, and the public. To best serve the students, department, and college, this position requires a physical presence on campus.
Would you like to work at an “Aspen Institute Top 150 Community College'' that transforms lives on a daily basis in a fast-paced, collegial environment? Join our Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) team to make a difference in our community, enact positive social change, and improve students' lives everyday.
PVCC is eligible to apply for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. The $1 million Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, awarded every two years, is the nation's signature recognition for America's community colleges.
Even more importantly, PVCC, which has earned this recognition biennially since 2013, is the only community college in Arizona to achieve this distinction this year. The colleges selected for this honor stand out among more than 1,000 community colleges nationwide as having high and improving levels of student success as well as equitable outcomes for Black and Hispanic students and those from lower-income backgrounds.
The Aspen Institute evaluates various criteria in its selection process and validates the levels of active and engaged learning in the classroom and the progress PVCC is making with the implementation of Guided Pathways.
1) First-year retention rates
2) Graduation rates 150 percent normal program completion time
3) Improvement of student success rates over time
4) Graduation rates of underrepresented minority students
5) Graduation rates of low income students
40% Provides leadership for the team that executes all aspects of public relations, marketing, and internal and external communications for the college. Creates and implements the college's communication plan, manages and administers all College marketing and advertising strategies, produces and/or directs the creative development of all print and digital materials including the social media presence. Leads the creation and execution of an impactful brand strategy built on a culture of data-driven, high-impact marketing practices.
30% Manages all public relations for the college and sends out press releases to all media contacts; collaborates effectively for all areas of the college to create positive news for internal and external media. Responsible for all crisis communication.
20% Collaborates with all college areas to develop clear communication and promotional strategies; informs and consults with executive leadership regarding strategy, outcomes, trends and offers suggestions and input for continuous improvement. Works collaboratively with Maricopa Community College District Marketing to ensure alignment with and support of District Initiatives.
10% Manages all data analytics related to marketing, including google analytics, social media data, digital advertising analytics, etc, performs other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in public relations, marketing, journalism or related field and five years of public relations and marketing experience that includes planning, managing and implementing associated programs and marketing campaigns and two years of management and supervisory experience.
An equivalent combination of the conferred degree and directly related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
Special Working Conditions
- May require possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License or other state license; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving:
- Travel to campus during interview/selection process will be at candidate's own expense
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas
- Will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD locations
- Will require travel or work at the Black Mountain campus
- May require numerous evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of standing, sitting and viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25 lbs.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. *In addition, a creative portfolio is required at the time of application. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application. The HCM Internal Applicants Quick Reference Guide will provide the steps on how to access the Internal Applicant careers page.
*Applicants must submit a creative portfolio of previous work that includes a public relations-oriented writing sample (media release or advisory, executive speech, or short article/story 500 words or less, etc.), graphical campaign assets (digital or print ads, billboards, short video commercial, graphic email campaign, etc.), and a short campaign strategy document.
Additional materials will not be accepted for previously submitted applications after the job posting has started the first review.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
A community forum is part of the hiring process for final candidates. Travel and Meal/Incidental Expenses reimbursement for out-of-state finalists may be available. Reimbursement will be limited to actual expenses and valid receipts. The most economical means of transportation that is available should also be used.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
- First review on Sunday,November 13, 2022
- Note: Appplications received after the review date may not be screened
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit https://jobs.maricopa.edu/psp/MCPAHPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=317604&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency