The Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations oversees the daily management of the development unit; establishes and directs the attainment of fundraising and participation goals; administers fund development activities and fosters community and alumni relations; plans and executes a variety of programs/events; directs grant initiatives; oversees administrative functions/activities, and manages the administrative functions of the Alumni Association.
- Establishes annual and multi-year fundraising plans and goals informed by University data and giving trends and reports metrics that assess productivity, effectiveness, and outcomes.
- Enhances the resources and opportunities available to faculty, staff, and students at the university by developing and implementing fund-raising programs for major program needs and capital giving to the University.
- Provides for current and long-range needs of the University by guiding a staff who supervises fund-raising programs annual giving, Capital Campaigns, and special projects/campaigns.
- Establishes and directs the attainment of fundraising and participation goals through annual programs, Capital Campaigns, and special projects.
- Builds relationships that enhance the reputation of the university and the success of our programs.
- Identifies a stable pool of gift prospects for future giving by cultivating and soliciting (in conjunction with other professional development and alumni relations staff) prospective donors, as well as current donors.
- Manages and oversees and/or plans opportunities for interaction among the University, faculty, alumni, and potential donors, thereby enhancing the potential for giving, by representing the University at various functions where there is a significant concentration of alumni and/or potential donors.
- Directs and/or oversees the day-to-day management of the department, including the activities of department employees, manages the department’s budget, and proactively enhances and improves departmental efficiencies.
- Cultivates positive connections through developing contacts, conducting appointments, making campaign prospect visits, requesting donations, recording progress/success, drafting proposals, following up, and ensuring confidentiality.
- Directs, plans, and executes a variety of programs and/or events.
- Directs programmatic grant initiatives and secures optimal funding.
- Administers fund development activities and fosters community and alumni relations by identifying potential supporters, managing fund development efforts, and promoting opportunities for planned giving. Monitors the production of the university alumni directory (examining activity, ensuring deadlines are achieved, examining layout, providing guidance, negotiating pricing, trouble-shooting problems, etc.).
- Manages and oversees the administrative functions of the Alumni Association, Alumni Directory, and associated activities.
- Actively participate in team and University meetings
- Represents department and the University favorably and in accordance with our core values and expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Master’s or doctoral degree preferred.
- Valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Eight years in Higher Education Development
- Five years of supervisory experience, including directing the workflow of professional-level staff, goal-setting activities, and process management.
- Five years of direct fundraising/solicitation experience.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Communicates verbally and non-verbally with diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated confidence and experience in public speaking.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Creates a culture of collaboration.
- Able to work effectively and diplomatically with all constituents: alumni, senior administration and staff, deans and faculty, students, visitors, and donors
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, able to tolerate ambiguity, sense of humor, and produce high-quality results.
- Ability to set priorities, adapt to changing needs, meet deadlines, while balancing multiple projects and attaining goals.
- Effective leadership attributes and demonstrated competence in leading teams to optimal levels of performance and goal attainment.
- Drives performance by holding self and others accountable for achieving goals.
- Provides timely, direct, and relevant feedback.
- Promotes excellence and encourages participation in CDU’s activities.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in database management.
- Creative ideas and be resourceful in meeting the needs of constituents.
- National/Regional travel as needed.
- Manages change.
- Inspires and motivates others.
- Clearly and consistently demonstrates CDU’s mission, vision, and values in words and actions.
- Solves problems and makes decisions.
- Holds frequent development discussions with measurable goals and outcomes.
- Provides information to donors and other University stakeholders (internal and external) in a timely manner.
- Master’s or doctoral degree preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally.
For more information and to apply https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4135
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer