Executive Director of Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute (NGLI) and Professor of Practice for Leadership
Towson University (TU) is pleased to accept applications for the exciting inaugural position of Executive Director of the newly established Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute (NGLI) and Professor of Practice. The Institute, made possible by a generous donation from Dr. Grasmick, will prepare leaders of the future and build on TU’s ongoing commitment to community and business engagement. Reporting to the Vice President of the Division Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research, the Executive Director will have responsibility to create and establish a leadership institute providing strategic vision and leadership to position the institute as a national model for excellence in leadership development. The Executive Director will work with business and civic leaders, donors, faculty and scholars, and TU administrative leaders to establish the Institute as a leading resource for leadership development that transforms and supports individuals and organizations across the state and region. The Executive Director will also be a Professor of Practice (non-tenure track). As Professor of Practice, this distinguished practitioner will share their knowledge and experience in the leadership field while representing the institute and university both locally and nationally—working to accelerate the practice and capacity for leadership in greater Baltimore and beyond. Please click here for the full leadership profile.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Strategic and Visionary Leadership
- Support, execute and modify the proposed vision/road map for the Institute
- Establish and maintain a dynamic and engaged Board of Advisors that can provide guidance, direction and support to advance the visibility and mission of the Institute
- Develop strategies with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate financial resources and support
- Hire and lead a dedicated and diverse team of professional staff members
- Lead discussions stakeholders to identify and assess leadership challenges and opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with business and civic leaders to identify opportunities for leadership research and programming.
- Advocate on the state and regional levels for resources and support of leadership programs.
- Create a culture of collaboration on leadership focused programs across the University
- Creates, implements and manages the annual operational and capital budgets for the Institute.
The ideal candidate will be someone who knows how to build and create an organization that can affect change. Someone with practical and demonstrated experience taking a vision and developing a practical and successful implementation plan will be especially qualified. Other qualifications include:
- Ten (10) or more years of senior level leadership experience in a for-profit/not-for-profit organization. Experience working with (or in) higher education is a plus.
- Advanced degree required. Graduate degree in relevant disciplines (such as an MBA) is strongly preferred.
- Fundraising and developing sustainable donors
- Demonstrated experience and success with:
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to align tactical work efforts with strategic vision.
- Project management skills (developing, implementing and cost-control),
- Developing and managing budgets with diverse revenue streams.
- Developing and facilitating relationships with stakeholders from various backgrounds including business, government and academic institutions.
- Understanding leadership development and pedagogy and providing practice-oriented instruction in leadership programs.
- Business development and strategic relationship development
- Selecting and developing a competent and diverse staff
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate, and the results may affect employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
If you are motivated, innovative and team-oriented, we would love to hear from you.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.