Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer – Texas A&M-Kingsville
Texas A&M-Kingsville seeks a dynamic leader to serve as its next Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) for their campus located in Kingsville, Texas. With more than 6,300 students, there is a diverse population of students from 40 states and 35 countries, with 75 percent of the students Hispanic, 15 percent white, and 5 percent African American. Located just 40 miles from the beaches of Corpus Christi and 120 miles to the border of Mexico, the University is home of the legendary King Ranch.
The CIO will be responsible providing the strategic and operational leadership for Information Technology Services. The CIO exercises discretion, independent judgment, and strategic leadership to position information technology to be a differentiator for the University. The CIO must continue to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of technology delivery, heighten security, support research, teaching, and learning, empower data driven decisions, and foster quality distance education.
The CIO engages in on-going dialogue with University departments, the community, and/or external agencies and provides leadership and supervision for the University’s information technology needs. Additionally, the CIO will coordinate with the Texas A&M University System CIO to achieve shared goals. Reporting to the Vice President for Finance/CFO, performance is based on the effective leadership of the Texas A&M-Kingsville’s Department of Information Technology Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, business administration or a related field.
- Understand operating systems and foundational architecture (high level knowledge).
- At least 10 years’ experience in a higher education or other industry technology environment, with demonstrated progressive responsibilities and at least seven years’ experience in a management capacity relating to IT infrastructure.
- Ability to mobilize resources, foster innovation, and leverage core infrastructure services for research, learning and service.
- Must be a team builder with demonstrated success in developing and nurturing collaborative relationships and providing direction to senior leaders across the institution.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by Tuesday, May 31st. Candidates should provide a resume or curriculum vitae, and a letter of application.
Please direct all applications, inquiries, and nominations to the WittKieffer search team using the WittKieffer Candidate Portal via email, at: TAMUKCIO@wittkieffer.com. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position.