- A master's degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution, (terminal degree or doctorate preferred),
- Significant years of experience in higher education administration,
- Success in working with diverse constituents on complex issues and a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity, empathy, and discretion,
- A passion for the work, an ability to challenge and motivate, be welcoming of a wide variety of perspectives and modes of action and the ability to lead conversations about difficult topics,
- A deep commitment to UNO's mission to transform and improve the quality of life locally, nationally, and globally,
- Knowledge of research and best practices as they relate to diversity, equity, and inclusion, so that they can work with senior campus leaders to assure all DEI related initiatives, programs, and activities are in alignment with best practices and the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education Standards,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage key stakeholders on and off campus in UNO initiatives.
To review the full list of desired characteristics and qualifications and learn more about UNO and the CDO role, including the application process, please review the position profile: https://academicsearch.org/open-searches-public/.
UNO is being assisted by Academic Search. To schedule a confidential phone call, please contact Senior Consultant Dr. Sidney Ribeau at: Sidney.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should consist of a substantive cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and a list of five professional references with contact information. No references will be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate. Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be submitted electronically, and in confidence, to: UNOCDO@academicsearch.org. Applications received by October 31st will be assured full consideration.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.
The University has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of under-represented groups and strongly encourage women and persons of color to apply.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is committed to maintaining an environment for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors, that is fair and responsible – an environment that is based on one's ability and performance.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha declares and affirms a policy of equal education and employment opportunities, and non-discrimination in providing services to the public.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. This policy is applicable to all university administered programs including educational programs, financial aid, admission policies and employment policies.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency