Associate Director, Housing Facility Operations
$96,000 – $106,000 • yearly
California State University, Northridge
Associate Director, Housing Facility Operations
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of Student Housing and Residential Life, the Associate Director of Housing Facility Operations oversees all activities of the Student Housing Operations unit, including maintenance, custodial, grounds, and mailroom functions, and supervises the assistant director, administrative assistant, maintenance staff, trades staff, and full-time and seasonal employees, all within the operations department. The incumbent manages the annual operating budget and oversees the Student Housing long-range maintenance program and budget.
- Serves as a critical member of the Student Housing management team, and as the administrator-in-charge in the absence of the Executive Director and other senior-level department personnel.
- Oversees the selection, training and evaluation of all Housing Operations staff, and mediates staff performance issues and working relationships to ensure high quality services.
- Provides recommendations to the Executive Director regarding formulation of department budget allocations, and works directly with the Executive Director in developing budget forecast to ensure appropriate and accurate projection of yearly expenditures/encumbrance of necessary funds.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3BmYQa0
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to five (5) years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience, with two (2) of the five years in a managerial role preferred.
- Experience developing and managing operating and major maintenance budgets, and experience planning, scheduling and coordinating work in a fast-paced facilities management environment required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to: provide strong supervision skills; lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive, and collegial work environment; use Microsoft Office applications competently; maintain appropriate financial controls.
- Ability to: develop high-functioning teams using a variety of leadership approaches. Experience working in union environment strongly preferred; effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, multicultural environment; interpret technical procedures or regulations; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, colleagues, customers, and the general public; write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals; use a computer
- General understanding of: building maintenance trades (e.g. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, locksmith, etc.); custodial and grounds operations; applicable codes, rules and regulations as applied to the construction and operation of college housing facilities; construction administration methods, practices and procedures. Understanding of public works project development process.
- General knowledge of: college housing program at large public institution.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $96,000 - $106,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through June 1, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/526095/associate-director-housing-facility-operations
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency