- Hires, develops, and supervises a high-performing team of HR professionals.
- Sets the direction for the HR function and ensures continuous improvement of all key programs, including recruitment & on-boarding, employee training & development, performance management, employee & labor relations, D&I, compensation, wellness, and benefits.
- Maintains a successful labor relations program, including contract negotiation and administration for the College's four bargaining units.
- Establishes priorities for the ongoing maintenance and development of Human Resources information systems.
- Develops and administers position classification as well as equitable and competitive compensation programs. Analyzes compensation survey data and internal comparisons to provide salary recommendations to managers to ensure fair and competitive salaries. Ensures completion of periodic HR and compensation surveys.
- Promotes overall compliance of Vassar College as an employer with all pertinent federal and state regulations governing employment and benefit programs. Oversees compliance-supporting reviews, audits, and/or reconciliations within the Human Resources function.
- Maintains a proactive, straightforward set of employment and workplace policies and regulations, including handbooks.
- Supports and advises employees and supervisors in areas of employee relations, performance management, conflict resolution, employment development, and positive management techniques. Counsels and advises employees and supervisors throughout the College to enhance working relationships, improve the performance of work, and achieve the goals of the College.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in human resource management or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human resources, preferably in a college/university, non-profit, or other mission-driven setting.
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience developing staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to foster positive employee relations in a unionized environment.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state legal requirements for human resources as well as best industry practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a customer service orientation, and the ability to manage expectations. Impeccable integrity and personal honesty.
- Strong team-building skills and the ability to work well with a wide variety of individuals, including senior leadership, faculty, administrators, and students.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills and the ability to take initiative.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, [Register to View] .
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1878.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency