This job is archived
Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title Vice President for Enrollment Management
Job ID 25665
Location LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Founded in 1971 in Long Island City, Queens, LaGuardia Community College is one of seven community colleges of the City University of New York/CUNY. LaGuardia’s nine academic departments offer more than 50 associate degree and certificate programs. Major areas of study include Health Sciences, STEM, Business and Technology, and Liberal Arts. Upon graduation most students transfer to senior colleges, typically in CUNY, to complete their Baccalaureate degrees. Graduates of career programs such as Nursing, Computer Technology, and Veterinary Technology enter the workforce. In 2021, LaGuardia served over 26,000 students in pre-college, associate degree, and continuing education programs. Consistent with the diversity of Queens, 52 percent of LaGuardia students are born outside of the United States. They come from 133 countries and speak 62 heritage languages. More than half (54 percent) are first-generation college students. Sixty-six percent live in Queens; the rest come from Brooklyn and beyond. Virtually all LaGuardia students are ethnic minorities (88 percent), 58 percent are women, 33 percent are over the age of 25. Forty-seven percent of LaGuardia students are Hispanic, almost double the threshold of 25 percent required by the US Department of Education for designation as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Ninety-nine percent of LaGuardia students receive some form of financial aid, including COVID-related aid. Half of LaGuardia students attend part-time, often because they need to work to support their families.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Enrollment Management serves as a key member of the college’s leadership team and is responsible for developing and managing enrollment strategies for the recruitment of new students as well as the retention of continuing students. The position requires a keen understanding of the higher education competitive landscape, familiarity with new student markets, and the ability to develop innovative domestic and international recruitment strategies. Understanding the role of technology in enrollment management, experience in enrollment advertising and marketing, and the ability to work collaboratively with leaders of other college departments/offices involved in the enrollment process are all fundamental to the role. The Vice President for Enrollment Management will ensure that institutional policies and practices provide fair and equitable treatment of all applicants and students, and that the programs and services of the Division of Enrollment Management comply with federal and state laws, and City University of New York regulations and policies.
The responsibilities of the Vice President for Enrollment Management include, but are not limited to:
Vision and Leadership:
- Provide exemplary leadership, guidance, support, and oversight of the core offices of Enrollment Management, Admissions and Recruitment, Student Financial Services, Student Information Center, Enrollment Peers, LaGuardia Cares, and others.
- Collaborate with executive leadership in the divisions of Academic Affairs, Student Success, Information Technology, Institutional Research, Adult Continuing Education, Institutional Advancement, and Marketing & Communications to enhance recruitment, retention, revenue, and graduation initiatives.
- Engage college stakeholders to enhance enrollment and retention activities that include but are not limited to: the college senate, the Professional Staff Congress (PSC), academic departments, program services, philanthropic, political, and community partners.
- Develop a Strategic Enrollment Management Plan that includes: 1) a review of the current enrollment environment, 2) develop strategies and action steps to ensure enrollment success in a changing climate, and 3) address enrollment and revenue goals that will allow LaGuardia Community College to meet its core mission.
- Ensuring the highest commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Division; leading a work environment that is genuinely welcoming, supportive, and inclusive to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Advance a partnership between Senior Vice President and Provost to improve student retention and success. Develop partnerships with Academic Department Chairpersons to identify and pursue their departmental enrollment goals and monitor key performance indicators.
- Partnering with the Vice President of Student Success to ensure the highest level of student retention and coordinated enrollment activities with academic advisement, health compliance, orientation, and student engagement activities such as health and wellness, immigration services, career and professional development, transfer services, clubs and organizations, honors programs, diversity programs, and student leadership opportunities.
- Foster a data-informed and data-making culture, utilizing a variety of reporting tools with the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIARA) to 1) understand past and enrollment patterns, 2) review quantitative and qualitative sources, 3) analyze data, 4) account for external variables to analyze enrollment funnel gaps, registration, retention and graduation pattern.
- Contribute with the Division of Marketing and Communications to coordinate marketing efforts to ensure that recruitment publications are branded, creative and strategic.
- The candidate must have the ability to work productively in shared governance and collective bargaining settings.
Management and Fiscal Accountability:
- Responsible for setting the vision for Enrollment Management and developing a diverse and inclusive team that is accountable, data-informed, knowledgeable of high-impact practices in their specialized field and building high-performing teams.
- Manage and oversight an annual divisional budget, as well as departmental, grant, and contract budgets that support the activities of the Division.
- Ensure compliance with all enrollment-related federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide regular, accurate, and comprehensive enrollment reports and trends for stakeholders, including the College's senior leadership and CUNY.
- Ensure appropriate staffing to include ongoing assessment and development of staff and the organizational structure to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Represent the College before the CUNY Central Office; serve on CUNY and College committees, work groups, and task forces as needed.
- Support the President and perform other duties assigned by his designees as needed.
This position is based in Queens, NY.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. All CUNY employees must reside within a commutable distance to their campus.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
A master’s or doctorate in higher education administration, student personnel, counseling, or an academic discipline, and at least ten (10) years of progressive management experience, six (6) of which should be as a top-level Student Development or Enrollment Management administrator (Dean or higher) with demonstratable outcomes in enrollment and retention in an institution of higher learning are preferred.
The successful candidate should have:
Proven track record of leadership and implementing best practices. Experience in navigating and excelling in a changing demographic market. Experience and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Exemplary communicator and presenter with the ability to build relationships across the college, CUNY, and the region to achieve enrollment goals. Significant experience in managing a large professional and support staff and budgetary resources and knowledge of emerging technologies and how they impact students and administrative operations. Demonstrated commitment to student success, and experience in building strong student relationships and customer service. Experience working with a diverse student population. Collaborative skills to work effectively with faculty, staff, senior administrators, students and the Central CUNY Office. Excellent interpersonal skills are required with the ability to lead, supervise, and motivate staff and students with an open, collegial, and consultative management style. The candidate must have a record of assessing the effectiveness of programs and developing and implement new programs. Strong organizational and leadership skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, grant writing experience, and budget management experience are all important. Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publishers, and Outlook), Virtual Platforms (Teams, Zoom, WebEx, Skype), Customer Relation Management (CRM) tool, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Mail, Google Hangout, etc.) is a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$111,923 - $180,000
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled. Review of resumes will begin after November 21st.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.