This job is archived
(Archived) Student Success Coach
IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Student Success Coach
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a candidate for a Student Success Coach in our Student Success Center. The primary role of the Student Success Coach is to assist in the growing of persistence and completion of Iowa Wesleyan students through offering support and financial guidance.
- Teach supplemental courses on financial planning and financial literacy, academic success, study strategy courses and academic seminar courses for students on academic probation as needed.
- Participate in preparing and presenting instructional workshops on topics related to student success and financial aid for students, faculty, and staff.
- Oversee a caseload of first-year students to help ease the transition from Admissions Counselors to Academic Advisors.
- Attend visit days, registration days, and orientation to start connecting with prospective students.
- Assist with the advising and exploration of Undecided students as needed.
- Counsel students and parents through the financial aid process, explaining award letters, FAFSA assistance, and anything related to financial aid or financial planning.
- Assist with ADA test scheduling and proctoring and daily OASIS operations.
- Aid with the Beacon early alert system.
- Support SOS and CARE team as needed.
- Serve on committees, or subcommittees supporting student success as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with post-secondary student success programs.
- Familiarity with current research, theory, best practices, and standards of excellence in student success, retention, and financial aid.
- Strong customer service skills when working with students and families.
- Experience with diverse populations including first-generation college students.
- Ability to use electronic communication, standard office software, database programs, and spreadsheets in the context of running a learning assistance program.
- Ability to multitask many variable duties, requests, and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee needs further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.