Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Student Success Coach
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for our Student Success Coach. This is a full-time, exempt position working closely with the Assistant Dean of Student Success Initiatives. The Student Success Center at Iowa Wesleyan is committed to providing student learning opportunities to enhance retention and provide academic and emotional support to all students in order to increase the probability of student success and graduation. The Student Success Center, which houses the Office of Academic Success and Inclusive Support (OASIS), provides these resources through individualized coaching, tutoring, writing support, disability support services, supplemental instruction, first-year transition programs, and career counseling.
The primary role of the Student Success Coach is to assist in the growing of persistence and completion of Iowa Wesleyan students through offering support and financial guidance
Additional responsibilities include:
- Teaching a variety of supplemental courses
- Mentoring and Coaching students
- Assist with Student Success Initiates
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with post-secondary student success programs.
- Familiarity with current research, theory, best practices, and standards of excellence in student success, retention, and financial aid.
- Strong customer service skills when working with students and families.
- Experience with diverse populations including first-generation college students.
- Ability to use electronic communication, standard office software, database programs, and spreadsheets in the context of running a learning assistance program.
- Ability to multitask many variable duties, requests, and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Mount Pleasant, Iowa, United States
The academic programs at Iowa Wesleyan include undergraduate, graduate, and online learning. Service-learning is integrated into the curriculum, ensuring that all students connect classroom learning with service to others.
Located in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, Iowa Wesleyan offers a variety of arts and cultural opportunities for southeast Iowa. Art shows, concerts, lectures, and plays take place throu...