- Maintain PAC lobby, Black Box, Green Room, Choral Hall, and Instrumental Hall in efforts to maintain a professional appearance.
- Arrange chairs, stands, instruments, and other equipment for rehearsals and performances.
- Coordinate all movements of the orchestra shell and pit, ensuring safety measures are met.
- Inventory and maintain lighting and sound equipment in the PAC.
- Organize, maintain, and clean theater shop and prop storage.
Inventory and secure tools, materials, and equipment used to meet technical requirements.
- Organize, update, and disseminate documentation, drawings, and specifications of all PAC technical systems including lighting, sound, rigging, and ground plan.
Coordinate performance, rehearsal, and production needs with the VPA and PAC Director.
- Build sets as required by departments and work with contractors and consultants on sets as needed.
- Communicate with the VPA faculty and PAC Director for staging, sound, and lighting needs.
- Design sound, lighting standards, and schematics for events in the PAC.
- Schedule drivers, vans, and shuttles as needed for performances.
- Work closely with Maintenance, Security, and Custodial to coordinate campus events.
Assist the Director of the Performing Arts Center with managing the “front of the house” at the Performing Arts Center with exemplary customer service.
- Schedule box office interns, volunteers, and ushers.
- Set up and break down lobby for events.
- Supervise students in various environments in the PAC, ensuring safety first in all aspects of work.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Attend VPA and other meetings related to activities and events in the PAC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours; related experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Must be able to utilize power tools in the construction of stage settings
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have a working knowledge of performing arts safety and safety equipment
- Must be able to maintain an established work schedule
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Associate (or higher) degree in Technical Theater, Theater Production, or related field
- Experience with box office software
- Previous experience in technical theater, lighting, and/or music
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for any college coursework that has been completed. (Official transcripts will be required if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6914
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency