Technology and Web Consultant
$4,678 – $6,900 • monthly
California State University, Northridge
Technology and Web Consultant
Job no: 525486
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO), the Technology and Web Consultant acts as college webmaster, providing coordination, support and training in the creation and maintenance of web sites under the DNCBE umbrella. The incumbent is the primary contact for the technical needs of the college's web and online presence, including accessibility compliance.
- Works in collaboration with other college technology staff to support the students, faculty, staff and administration of the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics (DNCBE).
- Provides technology support primarily to student access workstations, classrooms, and the Bookstein Institute.
- Provides consultation and advice to ensure hardware and software meet the needs of designated areas and follow college and University policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3JIAXyE
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field.
- Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience that includes knowledge of relevant hardware, software, maintenance, and user support.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems. Knowledge of Microsoft-based PC desktop/laptop operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 11) as well as desktop/laptop management systems (Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager). Demonstrates working knowledge of Apple operating systems (Mac OS, iOS, etc.)
- Ability and specialized skills to: apply and assess user needs; identify, analyze and address user problems; analyze problems and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate system solutions to departmental management and staff; make presentations; conduct meetings; develop and/or provide user training; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new/updated operating and management systems. Maintains currency with changes in technology, both on and off campus. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing, and can convey pertinent changes (to equipment, operations, campus guidelines, etc.) to relevant constituents. Exhibits strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to assist others in completing work assignments, prioritizing external needs with own work load.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 0420 / Info Tech Consultant / 2
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4,678 - $6,900 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4,678 - $11,547 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through April 5, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised: Mar 23, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/525486/technology-and-web-consultant
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency