Digital Media Technologist
$60,000 – $65,000 • yearly
Salem State University
The information technology services department seeks a dynamic, self-motivated digital media technologist who can produce high-quality academic video content for university course and academic program delivery in addition to promotional marketing content. Successful candidates should have exceptional organizational and project management skills, be proficient in the use of industry standard recording equipment, editing software and possess knowledge of best practices in digital media production including copyright law. This role is a liaison with other campus departments and ensures the university’s brand and ADA standards are met.
Salem State University values and appreciates diversity in all its forms and endeavors to create a space that reflects the campus community population which it serves. Our students come to Salem State University from 38 states and 48 countries and reflect the demographics of the greater Boston community in which we live. We are passionate about providing an experience for them and our fellow staff and faculty, where everyone can feel supported while they explore, learn, and celebrate their identities, similarities, and differences. We welcome you to become a member of our community.
- Experience with operation of video production equipment and editing software
- Experience writing video scripts, storyboards, and directing video production staff
- Proficiency using industry standard video/audio/photo editing software
- Experience and ability to work independently or with minimal assistance
- Three to five years of experience in digital media or video production.
- Two years of experience operating video equipment including but not limited to, 4k camcorders, digital SLR’s, LED lighting, green screen, storage media, audio mixing boards and digital-based audio recording equipment.
- Two years of experience working with,but not limited to; Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Audition
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. For accommodation information or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, and lifting. Must be able to push, pull, carry, and deliver up to <40lbs); set up, breakdown and return production equipment to on campus production location.
Ability to work a flexible schedule according to departmental needs, which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
This position is not eligible for H1B visa sponsorship.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Salem State University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may be removed at any time and additional applications will not be accepted.